The book shows you how to:
- Make agile development better
- Make business analysis better
- Solve the right problem -- get the right result
- Don't waste time on things nobody will use
- Integrate business analyst with agile development
- Finding the customer or user segments, and which of them yields the best, and the earliest value
- Using value propositions to uncover the real needs of the customers
- Using safe-to-fail probes to ensure that any proposed solution solves the right problem and delivers the right value.
- Deploying an iterative approach to discovering the real problem, and progressively feeding the right stories to the delivery activity.
- Understanding that by discovering the right needs and solving the right problem you deliver real value to your customer and your sponsor.
- Doing all this quickly
The Robertsons' approach to analytical thinking is crucial to anyone who wants to build better software in agile environments: analysts, developers, team leads, project managers, software architects, and other team members and stakeholders at most levels of experience.