WebSphere Application Server Administration Using Jython (Hardcover)
Robert A. Gibson, Arthur Kevin McGrath, Noel J. Bergman
- 出版商: IBM Press
- 出版日期: 2009-10-28
- 定價: $1,925
- 售價: 9.0 折 $1,733
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 504
- 裝訂: Hardcover
- ISBN: 0137009526
- ISBN-13: 9780137009527
Save Time and Money: Streamline WebSphere Application Server Management with Jython Scripting!
Utilizing Jython scripting, you can dramatically reduce the effort, resources, and expense associated with managing WebSphere Application Server. WebSphere Application Server Administration Using Jython will show you how. The first start-to-finish guide to Jython scripting for WebSphere administration, this book’s practical techniques and downloadable scripts can help you improve efficiency, repeatability, and automation in any WebSphere environment.
This book’s expert authors begin with practical introductions to both WebSphere Application Server administration and Jython, today’s powerful, Java implementation of Python. Next, they cover a broad spectrum of WebSphere management tasks and techniques, presenting real, easy-to-adapt solutions for everything from server configuration and security to database management. These are powerful solutions you can begin using immediately–whether you’re running WebSphere in production, development, or test environments.
- Mastering the Jython rules, characteristics, and properties that are most valuable in WebSphere scripting
- Viewing and manipulating WebSphere configuration and run-time details
- Making the most of the wsadmin scripting engine and objects–including rarely-used wsadmin parameters that can simplify administration
- Adjusting wsadmin properties to reflect your needs and environment
- Using the AdminApp scripting object to list, view, install, uninstall, and modify AppServer applications
- Using the AdminTask object to manipulate WebSphere Application Server at a high level
- Configuring the WebSphere Application Server with AdminConfig
- Manipulating active AppServer objects (MBeans) with AdminControl
- Controlling security, including aliases, roles, administrative and application security, and multiple security domains