Python Programming with the Java Class Libraries: A Tutorial for Building Web
貴賓價: $1,377CherryPy Essentials: Rapid Python Web Application Development
貴賓價: $1,496Rapid Web Applications with TurboGears: Using Python to Create Ajax-Powered Sites
Characterized by ease of use, richness of expression, and concise syntax, Python has remained a premier programming language for more than a decade, and is used by novices and professionals alike. In particular, its close relationship to Java™ makes the two languages, when used in combination, ideal for Web and distributed enterprise application development.
This tutorial begins with coverage of some of the basics of Python programming. Using plenty of skill-building exercises and interactive programming sessions, this book will help those new to programming develop an understanding of concepts and practical techniques. For experienced programmers, the book demonstrates Python's breadth of capabilities and shows the ways that Python interfaces with Java APIs for professional application development.
Python Programming with the Java™ Class Libraries: A Tutorial for Building Web and Enterprise Applications with Jython covers important topics such as:
- Fundamental programming concepts, including statements, expressions, interpreters, and compilers
- Python basics, including operators, string formatting, namespaces, classes, errors, and exceptions
- Object-oriented programming concepts
- File input/output
- Python's intrinsic functions
- Formatting, parsing, and manipulating strings
- Interfacing with the Java APIs and working with Java Streams
- Using Python and Java Swing to create GUIs
- Working with SQL and JDBC™
- Python and Java applets
In addition, the book contains instructions for downloading and installing the Python language and the Java Development Kit (JDK). Terminology, definitions, explanations, and numerous code samples make this book a useful learning experience.
Whether you are a sophisticated computer user new to programming or a serious application developer, Python Programming with the Java™ Class Libraries will give you insight into the power of Python and the know-how to put it to work.
Table of Contents
1. Jython Overview.
2. Statements and Expressions.
3. Operators and String Formatting.
4. Control Flow.
5. Organizing Your Code.
6. Object-Oriented Programming.
7. Errors and Exceptions.
8. Working with Files.
9. Built-In Functions.
10. Working with Strings.
11. Interfacing with Java.
12. Working with Java Streams.
13. JFC Fundamentals.
14. First Swing Application, Layout, and Menu.
15. Graphics and Events.
16. Advanced Swing.
17. SQL and JDBC.
Appendix A: Installing Jython on Windows.
Appendix B: Installing Jython on Linux by Jaysen Lorenzen.
Appendix C: The Power of Scripting.
Appendix D: Java and Python: A Comparison.
Appendix E: Regular Expressions by Jaysen Lorenzen.