Object-Oriented Methods: Principles and Practice
- 出版商: Addison-Wesley Professional
- 出版日期: 2000-12-27
- 售價: $1,930
- 貴賓價: 9.8 折 $1,891
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 864
- 裝訂: Hardcover
- ISBN: 020161913X
- ISBN-13: 9780201619133
This book is intended for introductory undergraduate courses in object technology within an information technology or software engineering curriculum. It is intended to be accessible to readers who do not have deep specialist knowledge of theoretical computer science or advanced mathematics but attempts to treat the issues themselves in depth.
Object-Oriented Methods, Third Edition is a very substantial revision and extension of the Second Edition reflecting the major changes in the field. It provides a single source, comprehensive, language-independent introduction covering all aspects of object technology from the perspectives of both the developer and management. Provides an introduction to and evaluation of object-oriented languages, middleware, databases, and methods; relating them each to conventional technology.
NEW! Chapter on middleware and migration strategies with more material on OMG standards.
NEW! Chapter on software architecture, patterns and component based development.
- Provides first concise explanation of the powerful Catalysis method for component based development (D'Souza and Wills 1999).
- This survey of OO methods focuses on UML with new appendix summarizing the UML notation.
- A language independent, balanced overview of the philosophy and practice of OT.
- Provides end of chapter summaries and exercises.
1. Basic concepts.
2. The benefits of object-oriented programming and methods.
3. Object-oriented and object-based programming languages.
4. Distributed computing, middleware and migration.
5. Database technology.
6. Object-oriented analysis and design.
7. Architecture, patterns and components.
8. Requirements engineering.
9. Process and project management.
Appendices.A. Fuzzy objects: inheritance under uncertainty.
B. Seminal OOA/D methods.
C. UML notation summary.
D. Answers to selected exercises.
Glossary of terms.
References and bibliography.