Metrics and Models in Software Quality Engineering, 2/e (Hardcover)
Stephen H. Kan
- 出版商: Addison Wesley
- 出版日期: 2002-09-26
- 售價: $2,640
- 貴賓價: 9.5 折 $2,508
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 560
- 裝訂: Hardcover
- ISBN: 0201729156
- ISBN-13: 9780201729153
"This is the single best book on software quality engineering
and metrics that I've encountered."
--Capers Jones, from the Foreword
Metrics and Models in Software Quality Engineering, Second Edition, is the definitive book on this essential topic of software development. Comprehensive in scope with extensive industry examples, it shows how to measure software quality and use measurements to improve the software development process. Four major categories of quality metrics and models are addressed: quality management, software reliability and projection, complexity, and customer view. In addition, the book discusses the fundamentals of measurement theory, specific quality metrics and tools, and methods for applying metrics to the software development process.
New chapters bring coverage of critical topics, including:
- In-process metrics for software testing
- Metrics for object-oriented software development
- Availability metrics
- Methods for conducting in-process quality assessments and software project assessments
- Dos and Don'ts of Software Process Improvement, by Patrick O'Toole
- Using Function Point Metrics to Measure Software Process Improvement, by Capers Jones
In addition to the excellent balance of theory, techniques, and examples, this book is highly instructive and practical, covering one of the most important topics in software development--quality engineering.
Table of Contents
Foreword to the Second Edition.
Foreword to the First Edition
1. What Is Software Quality?
2. Software Development Process Models.
3. Fundamentals in Measurement Theory.
4. Software Quality Metrics Overview.
5. Applying the Seven Basic Quality Tools in Software Development.
6. Defect Removal Effectiveness.
7. The Rayleigh Model.
8. Exponential Distribution and Reliability Growth Models.
9. Quality Management Models.
10. In-Process Metrics for Software Testing.
11. Complexity Metrics and Models.
12. Metrics and Lessons Learned for Object-Oriented Projects.
13. Availability Metrics.
14. Measuring and Analyzing Customer Satisfaction.
15. Conducting In-Process Quality Assessments.
16. Conducting Software Project Assessments.
17. Dos and Don'ts of Software Process Improvement.
18. Using Function Point Metrics to Measure Software Process Improvement.
19. Concluding Remarks.
Appendix: A Project Assessment Questionnaire