Pair Programming Illuminated
Laurie Williams, Robert Kessler
貴賓價: $1,988Network Programming with Perl
貴賓價: $2,660The Linux Networking Architecture: Design and Implementation of Network Protocols in the Linux Kernel (Paperback)
貴賓價: $3,580Learning With Kernels: Support Vector Machines, Regularization, Optimization, and Beyond (Hardcover)
貴賓價: $713Object-Oriented Analysis and Design With Applications, 2/e
In Pair Programming Illuminated, Laurie Williams and Robert Kessler help you fight through the exceptions, gain collective acceptance of this approach, and experience remarkable success with it. The authors borrow from their professional encounters and academic experience to help you determine whether pair programming fits your classroom's needs, and more importantly, how to go about it. Two case studies show pair programming in practice using Extreme Programming and Collaborative Software Process as methods.
Table of Contents
Who Should Read This Book.
I. GAINING UNDERSTANDING.
2. The Seven Myths of Pair Programming.
3. The Seven Synergistic Behaviors of Pair Programming.
4. Overcoming Management Resistance to Pair Programming.
5. Gaining Support and Acceptance from Your Peers.
6. Transitioning to Pair Programming by Choice.
7. Problem, Problems.
II. GETTING STARTED WITH PAIR PROGRAMMING.
8. Workplace Layout.
9. Pair Rotation: Communication, Knowledge Management, and Training.
10. Other Issues to Consider.
11. Tips 'n Tricks.
III. PAIR PROGRAMMING PARTNER PICKING PRINCIPLES.
12. Expert-Expert Pairing.
13. Expert-Average Pairing.
14. Expert-Novice Pairing.
15. Novice-Novice Pairing.
16. Extrovert-Extrovert Pairing.
17. Extrovert-Introvert Pairing.
18. Introvert-Introvert Pairing.
19. Gender Nonissue.
20. Culture Nonissue.
21. The Professional Driver Problem.
22. “My Partner Is a Total Loser” and Other Excess Ego Problems.
23. “My Partner Is SO Smart” and Other Too Little Ego Problems.
IV. CASE STUDIES OF PAIR PROGRAMMING IN A SOFTWARE PROCESS.
24. Pair Programming in a Software Process Case Study: Extreme Programming (XP).
25. Pair Programming in a Software Process Case Study: Collaborative Software Process (CSP).
V. IN CLOSING.
26. Moving Ahead, Going Beyond.
27. Seven Habits of Effective Pair Programmers.
Appendix A: Pair Programming Tutorial.
Appendix B: An Economic Analysis of Pair Programming.
Appendix C: Pair Programming in the Classroom.
Appendix D: An Introduction to Test Driven Development.