Integrated Solutions with DB2
Rob Cutlip, John Medicke
- 出版商: Addison Wesley
- 出版日期: 2003-11-07
- 定價: $1,480
- 售價: 5.0 折 $740
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 320
- 裝訂: Paperback
- ISBN: 0201754851
- ISBN-13: 9780201754858
Foreword by Chris Wicher/Vice President of Integration, IBM Coroporation
- Use DB2 to enhance productivity, customer service, and trading relationships—and cutcosts
- Learn how to exploit technology for the development of complex solutions using patterns andbest practices
- Understand how DB2, Web services, and messaging infrastructure fit together
- Leverage DB2 in business intelligence, e-commerce, CRM, pervasive computing, enterpriseapplication integration, and beyond
- For every DB2 database developer, architect, designer, and manager
IBM's DB2 database platform is the foundation for an extraordinary array of highlyintegrated business solutions, ranging from advanced business intelligence and e-commerce toB2B integration and state-of-the-art pervasive computing.
Now, two leading IBM solution architects show you how to use DB2 to create flexibleinfrastructures that simplify the construction of any enterprise-class business solution.
Learn how to seamlessly integrate DB2, Web servers, development tools, messaginginfrastructure, and other crucial technologies. Then build, step by step, five specificsolutions chosen to address the core challenges facing today's enterprise. Along the way you'lllearn how to use DB2 to improve productivity and customer service, reduce operating costs,strengthen key trading relationships, and more.
- Leveraging the IBM Patterns for e-business to accelerate the delivery of integrated,Web-enabled solutions
- Using DB2, WebSphere, and related technologies to integrate applications, information, andportals
- Exploiting business integration technologies to bring together people, processes, andinformation to create a cohesive solution
- Creating automated CRM email systems with trigger-induced DB2 UDFs, JavaMail, andJAF
- Building high-value mobile and pervasive applications with DB2 Everyplace and DB2 SpatialExtender (SE)
- Delivering dynamic Web services and eSourcing solutions with DB2 XML Extender
- Architecting and building highly personalized e-commerce systems with DB2 technologies
If you're ready to leverage the full business value of IBM's DB2 platform, you're ready forIntegrated Solutions with DB2.
Table of Contents
1. DB2 in Solutions Integration.
Industrial Strength. OEM Relationships and Application Integration. Integration Capability.
2. Web Application Server.
Introduction. Java 2 Enterprise Edition. Microsoft .NET. Web Services: Bridging the Gap between J2EE and .NET. DB2 in the Web Application Server. Tomcat. BEA WebLogic. Summary.
3. Solutions Development: Trends, Technology, and Tooling.
Trends. Integration. Summary.
4. Business Integration.
Introduction. Enterprise Application Integration. Loosely Coupled Architecture. Message Queuing Products. Integration Broker Products. Business Process Management Products. Information Integration. Portal Integration. Summary.
5. CRM: Email Outreach using DB2.
Introduction. The Solution: An Email UDF. Program and Protocols. Process Flow. Summary.
6. Dynamic Business: B2B and B2C.
Introduction. The Technologies. The Solution Architecture. Summary.
7. Pervasive Computing and DB2.
Introduction. The Solution. Solution Wrap-Up. Summary.
Introduction. e-Commerce Architecture. Designing a Scalable e-Commerce Architecture. The Web Tier. The Enterprise Tier. Business Process Management for e-Commerce. Information Integration for e-Commerce. Summary.
9. Business Intelligence.
Introduction. The Business Intelligence Architecture. Data Mining Concepts. The Zero Latency Enterprise. Business Scenarios Revisited. Business Scenarios: Another Approach. Summary.
10. The Conclusion.
Solution Integration. Performance in Business Solutions. Security in Business Solutions. Recap of Solution Chapters. The Future of Technologies.
Appendix A: Document Access Definition Extension File.
Appendix B: Distance Conversion User-Defined Function.