Real World Adobe Illustrator 10
Adobe Illustrator is used by over one million graphics and Web professionals to create, design, and layout publications for print and the Web. Users rely on its layered work environment and vector-drawing tools to achieve superior results with logos, advertisements, technical, and fine arts illustrations.
Entertaining, up-to-date and comprehensive, Real World Adobe Illustrator 10 is the definitive guide to learning industrial-strength techniques using Adobe Illustrator. Author, Deke McClelland, covers every tool and feature in Illustrator, providing helpful tips and hints throughout. Dozens of step-by-step techniques are provided and thoroughly illustrated. This edition has been fully updated for Illustrator 10, and includes information on using Illustrator to produce Web graphics, with special focus on animated GIF, JPEG, Flash, and LiveMotion formats.
Table of Contents
I. WELCOME TO ILLUSTRATOR.
1. Meet Illustrator 10.
2. The Interface.
3. The Artboard.
4. Files and Formats.
II. WORKING WITH SHAPES.
5. Creating Lines and Shapes.
6. Exact Points and Precision Curves.
7. Modifying and Combining Paths.
8. Developing a Flair for the Schematic.
9. The Magic of Transformations and Distortions.
III. TYPE, SYMBOLS, AND GRAPHS.
10. How to Handle Typical Type.
11. Some of Your Wackier Text Effects.
12. Symbolic Acts.
13. This is Your Brain on Graphs.
IV. COLOR AND EFFECTS.
14. The Slippery Science of Color.
15. Fills, Mulit-Fills, and Fab Fills.
16. Strokes and Brushes.
17. Blends, Masks, and Pen & Ink Fills.
19. Hog-Wild Special Effects.
20. Becoming Master of the Raster.
V. GOING PUBLIC.
21. Creating Web Graphics.
22. Animation and Data-Driven Graphics.
23. Illustrator and Other Programs.
24. Printing Your Illustrations.
25. Illustrator Actions.