Commercial Space Technologies and Applications: Communication, Remote Sensing, Gps, and Meteorological Satellites, Second Edition
This new edition introduces and examines the space technologies that benefit our everyday lives. Each chapter now includes exercises and problems, and the content covers new satellites and emerging technologies. It explores the ever-improving quality of satellite systems and services, and also investigates ways to bring about higher resolution satellite imagery and lower satellite costs. The focus is on man-made satellites, which are becoming smaller, smarter, cheaper, and easier to launch, having a longer life span, and are less susceptible to interference. Furthermore, the book considers advances in several key technologies that affect the satellite industry.
- Includes extensive study questions and exercises after each chapter.
- Explains present commercial space technology and its future outlook.
- Explores the many applications of space technologies and their impact on our lives, including real world examples.
- Presents a future outlook on robotics, communications and navigation, and human health and nanotechnology.
- Provides a clear understanding of space, space technologies, space applications, space security, space regulations, a space roadmap, and their impact on the lives of humans now and for generations to come.
Mohammad Razani received the B.S.E.E. and M.S.E.E. degrees from Kansas State University, Manhattan, Kansas, and the Ph.D. degree in electrical engineering from the University of Kansas, Lawrence, Kansas. He has extensive experience in various fields of technologies spanning from satellite communications to microwave remote sensing and information technology. He has utilized his education in various related technologies within the last three decades. Such experience includes years of teaching and research positions in the New York City College of Technology (City Tech) of the City University of New York (CUNY), where he is currently a Full Professor and Chairman of the Electrical and Telecommunications Engineering Technology Department. He has presented papers in number of national, regional, and international conferences, published numerous journal papers, and has written several books--the last two are a book on Fundamentals of Satellite Communications in Farsi. His most recent book is on Information, Communication and Space Technology, which was published in February 2012 by CRC Press, http: //www.crcpress.com/product/isbn/9781439841631
For more information about Dr. Razani's academic background, please refer to: