Fieldbus and Networking in Process Automation
Sen, Sunit Kumar
- 出版商: CRC
- 出版日期: 2021-04-29
- 售價: $5,490
- 貴賓價: 9.5 折 $5,216
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 378
- 裝訂: Hardcover - also called cloth, retail trade, or trade
- ISBN: 0367712385
- ISBN-13: 9780367712389
Over the last two decades, fieldbus has totally revolutionized the way communication takes place in the fields of process control, automation, and manufacturing industries. Recent introduction of real-time fieldbuses has opened up its application in multi axis motor control and other time-critical applications. Fieldbus is designed to ensure easy interoperability, smarter network designs, increased data availability, and lesser stress on the design aspects of safety protocols.
This second edition of Fieldbus and Networking in Process Automation discusses the different facets of fieldbus technology including design, wiring, installation, and commissioning as well as safety aspects in hostile application areas.
- Explains basic communication principles and networking--a must for understanding fieldbuses
- Considers the advantages and shortcomings of individual fieldbuses
- Provides a broad spectrum of different fieldbuses used in industries, both process control and manufacturing industries, in a precise and to-the-point manner
- Introduces Common Industrial Protocol (CIP), EtherNet/IP, EtherCAT, SERCOS III, Powerlink, and Profinet IRT, which are mostly sought after in control and automation fields
- Discusses hard real-time communication in a threadbare manner--so essential in today's multi axis motor control systems
- Updated and curtailed the extra details from the original book to make it more concise and reader friendly
Sunit Kumar Sen, a member of IET, holds advanced degrees from St Xavier's College and University of Calcutta, both in Kolkata, India. He was an ex-professor in the Instrumentation engineering section of the Department of Applied Physics, University of Calcutta, and taught courses in digital electronics, communication, industrial instrumentation, microprocessors, electrical networks, and fieldbuses. He was the head of the Department of Applied Physics and University Science Instrumentation Center from 2008-2010 at the University of Calcutta. Previously, he was assistant manager, instrumentation (oprn.) in Bokaro Steel Plant, Jharkhand, India, under Steel Authority of India (SAIL). He has already written four books in the areas of Instrumentation, microprocessors and industrial automation technologies. He has around seventy publications in international, national journals and conferences.
Sunit Kumar Sen, Ph.D, member of IEEE and IETE, holds advanced degrees from St. Xaviers College and University of Calcutta, both in Kolkata, India. He is currently professor in the Department of Applied Physics, University of Calcutta and teaches courses on digital communication, industrial instrumentation, microprocessors, electrical networks, Fieldbus, etc. He was head of the Department of Applied Physics and University Science Instrumentation Centre from 2008-2010. Previously he was assistant manager, instrumentation (oprn.) for Bokaro Steel Plant, Jharkhand, India under Steel Authority of India Ltd (SAIL). He has already written two books--one on instrumentation, and another on microprocessors.