An Introduction to Music Technology
- 出版商: Routledge
- 出版日期: 2014-08-04
- 售價: $5,160
- 貴賓價: 9.5 折 $4,902
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 408
- 裝訂: Hardcover
- ISBN: 0415825725
- ISBN-13: 9780415825726
An Introduction to Music Technology, Second Edition provides a clear overview of the essential elements of music technology for today’s musician. This book focuses on the topics that underlie the hardware and software in use today: Sound, Audio, MIDI, Computer Notation, and Computer- Assisted Instruction. Appendices cover necessary computer hardware and software concepts. Written for both music technology majors and non-majors, this textbook introduces fundamental principles and practices so students can learn to work with a wide range of software programs, adapt to new music technologies, and apply music technology in their performance, composition, teaching, and analysis.
- Thorough explanations of key topics in music technology
- Content applicable to all software and hardware, not linked to just one piece of software or gear
- In-depth discussion of digital audio topics, such as sampling rates, resolutions, and file formats
- Explanations of standard audio plug-ins including dynamics processors, EQs, and delay based effects
- Coverage of synthesis and sampling in software instruments
- Pedagogical features, including:
- Further Reading sections that allow the student to delve deeper into topics of interest
- Suggested Activities that can be carried out with a variety of different programs
- Key Terms at the end of each chapter
- What Do I Need? Chapters covering the types of hardware and software needed in order to put together Audio and MIDI systems
- A companion website with links to audio examples that demonstrate various concepts, step-by-step tutorials, relevant hardware, software, and additional audio and video resources.
The new edition has been fully updated to cover new technologies that have emerged since the first edition, including iOS and mobile platforms, online notation software, alternate controllers, and Open Sound Control (OSC).