Edgeloop Character Modeling For 3D Professionals Only (Paperback)
Kelly L. Murdock, Eric Allen
- 出版商: Wiley
- 出版日期: 2006-09-12
- 售價: $1,450
- 貴賓價: 9.5 折 $1,378
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 321
- 裝訂: Paperback
- ISBN: 047003629X
- ISBN-13: 9780470036297
Learn the secrets for breathing life into your characters
Edgeloops are made for animation. They isolate and define major physical features, enabling you to add detail and mold the elements that give your characters personality, realistic form, and natural motion. You'll create one such character as you progress through these pages, guided by computer graphics expert Kelly Murdock and award-winning artist and animator Eric Allen. As your character grows and develops, so will your expertise in edgeloop modeling.
* Understand the techniques for modeling characters with edgeloops
* Learn to use edgeloop selection and creation features in 3ds Max(r), Maya(r), Softimage, and Modo
* Follow the modeling workflow to create a complete, detailed character from scratch
* Take a comparative look at point, box, loft, and other character modeling methods
* Model a detailed body form that is anatomically correct, including arms, legs, hands, and feet
* Learn which anatomical features are essential for good character modeling
* Create a realistic head with detailed facial features- nostrils, eyelashes, teeth, gums, and ears
* Enhance a character with hair and clothing
* Texture a character completely using high-resolution texture maps
Please see the CD-ROM appendix for details and complete system requirements.
Table of Contents
About the Authors.
Part I: Introducing Character Modeling and Edgeloops.
Chapter 1: Character Design.
Chapter 2: Modeling Approaches—A Comparative Look.
Chapter 3: Introducing Edgeloop Modeling.
Part II: Creating a Body Form.
Chapter 4: Building the Body Torso.
Chapter 5: Adding Arms and Legs.
Chapter 6: Modeling Hands and Feet.
Part III: Modeling the Head and Facial Features.
Chapter 7: Creating the Head Form.
Chapter 8: Creating the Nose and Eyes.
Chapter 9: Adding the Mouth and Ears.
Part IV: Further Refinement and Texturing.
Chapter 10: Final Modeling Refinements.
Chapter 11: Texturing an Edgeloop Character.
Part V: Rigging, Skinning, and Animating Approaches.
Chapter 12: Rigging and Skinning an Edgeloop Character.
Chapter 13: Animating an Edgeloop Character.
Apendix A: Edgeloop Modeling Commands for 3ds Max, Maya, Softimage, and Modo.
Appendix B: What’s on the CD-ROM.
End-User License Agreement.