LTE Security (Hardcover)
Günther Horn, Dan Forsberg, Wolf-Dietrich Moeller, Valtteri Niemi
Whilst the industry standards inform how to implement systems, they do not provide readers with the underlying principles behind security specifications. LTE Security fills this gap by providing first hand information from 3GPP insiders who explain the rationale for design decisions.
- Provides a concise guide to the 3GPP/LTE Security Standardization specifications
- Authors are leading experts who participated in decisively shaping SAE/LTE security in the relevant standardization body, 3GPP
- Shows how GSM and 3G security was enhanced and extended to meet the requirements of fourth generation systems
- Gives the rationale behind the standards specifications enabling readers to have a broader understanding of the context of these specifications
- Explains why LTE security solutions are designed as they are and how theoretical security mechanisms can be put to practical use