Strategic Market Management: Global Perspectives (Paperback)
David A. Aaker, Damien McLoughlin
- 出版商: Wiley
- 出版日期: 2010-05-24
- 售價: $1,100
- 貴賓價: 9.8 折 $1,078
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 368
- 裝訂: Paperback
- ISBN: 0470689757
- ISBN-13: 9780470689752
The book is a European adaptation of our current US book: Strategic Market Management, 9E by David Aaker.
Motivated by the strategic challenges created by the dynamic nature of markets, this book is on the premise is that all traditional strategic management tools either do not apply or need to be adapted to a more dynamic context. A global perspective is an essential aspect of this new edition. This reflects the lived experience of the student reader but also their likely professional challenges. This is achieved by the extensive use of new European examples and vignettes.
The unique aspects of the book are its inclusion of:
• A business strategy definition that includes product/market scope, value proposition, and assets and competences.
• A structured strategic analysis including a detailed customer, competitor, market, and environmental analysis leading to understanding of market dynamics that is supported by a summary flow diagram, a set of agendas to help start the process, and a set of planning forms.
• Concepts of strategic commitment, opportunism, and adaptability and how they can and should be blended together.
• Bases of a value proposition and strong brands. A strategy without a compelling value proposition will not be market driven or successful. Brand assets that will support a business strategy need to be developed.
• Creating synergetic marketing with silo organizations defined by products or countries. All organizations have multiple products and markets and creating cooperation and communication instead of competition and isolation is becoming an imperative.
Table Of Contents
1. Strategic Market Management: An Introduction Overview
2. External and Customer Analysis
3. Competitor Analysis
4. Market/Submarket Analysis
5. Environmental Analysis and Strategic Uncertainty
6. Internal Analysis
7. Creating Advantage, Synergy, and Commitment vs. Opportunism vs. Adaptability
8. Alternative Value Propositions
9. Building and Managing Brand Equity
10. Energizing the Business
11. Leveraging the Business
12. Creating New Businesses
13. Global Strategies
14. Setting priorities for Businesses and brands—The Exit, Milk, and Consolidate Options
15. From Silos to Synergy—Harnessing the Organization