Software Defined Radio: Origins, Drivers and International Perspectives
Wally H. W. Tuttlebee
- 出版商: Wiley
- 出版日期: 2002-03-12
- 售價: $1,600
- 貴賓價: 9.8 折 $1,568
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 368
- 裝訂: Hardcover
- ISBN: 0470844647
- ISBN-13: 9780470844649
$299Microsoft Visual Basic .NET Step by Step
$99Macromedia Dreamweaver 8 for Windows and Macintosh: Visual QuickStart Guide (Paperback)
Walter Tuttlebee, himself a pioneer of software radio in Europe, has gathered contributions from many of the acknowledged world experts in software radio -leaders operating at the heart of the software radio world today - who share their experience and insight into the background, the present and the future evolution of the technology and the industry. Contributions from North America, Europe and Asia ensure a comprehensive overview of the global SDR scene. The structured approach ensures that the book comprehensively addresses the key issues in the title - the origins of software radio, what has been (and is) driving its commercialisation and what is happening on the international scene
The book includes:
- a comprehensive review of the origins of software radio in the defence industry
- an insider's view of the origins, evolution, role and activities of the SDR Forum
- a summary of the MIT Sloan study into the drivers of global success in the mobile wireless marketplace
- a review of end user and mobile network operator perspectives of software radio and what the value it can offer
- insiders' summaries of recent SDR research activities in Europe and Japan
- coverage of the regulatory issues associated with SDR and the current approaches being taken in North America and Europe, with contributions from the regulators themselves
- a description of the first steps to SDR standards - the ETSI MExE standard
- descriptions of some of the first commercial software defined radio products, for both defence and commercial applications
Endorsed with a foreword from Joseph Mitola III, 'the father of software radio
Table of Contents
List of Contributors.
PART I: ORIGINS AND DRIVERS.
Setting The Scene - The What, Why and How of (SDR) (W. Tuttlebee).
US Defense Initiative in Software Radio (W. Bonser).
The Software Defined Radio Forum (A. Margulies).
PART II: MARKET OPPORTUNITY AND REQUIREMENTS.
A Market Perspective: Software Defined Radio as the Dominant Design (J.D. Ralston).
Software Radio: The User Dimension (K. Cook).
Software Radio: The Mobile Network Operator Dimension (E. Ballesteros and C. Martinez).
PART III: THE GLOBAL CONTEXT.
Reconfigurable Radio in Europe (M. Dillinger and D. Bourse).
Software Radio in Japan (R. Kohno and S. Haruyama).
First Steps to Software Defined Radio Standards: MExE, the Mobile Execution Environment (P. Chandrasiri).
European Regulation of Software Radio (P. Bender and S. O'Fee).
Regulation of Software Defined Radio - United States (M. Grable).
PART IV: EARLY PRODUCTS.
Defense: A Realized Software Defined Radio Family For Military Applications (R. Bott and R. Leschhorn).
Commercial: Digital Broadcast Receivers and Third-generation Products (D. Hislop and G. Ferris).