Nanotechnology: Global Strategies, Industry Trends and Applications
The rapid growth of miniaturisation to meet the demand for increasingly smart devices is driving global investment in a wide range of industries such as IT, electronics, energy, biotechnology and materials science.
Nanotechnology: Global Strategies, Industry Trends and Applications, written by experts from Asia, Europe and the USA, gives a comprehensive and important global perspective on nanotechnology.
The book is divided into 3 parts:
- National Nanotechnology Initiatives in Asia, Europe and the USAexplores the current status of nanotechnology in China, Korea, Europe and the USA.
- Investing in Nanotechnology provides practical information about the opportunities and risks involved in nanotechnology and predictions for future growth.
- Frontiers of Nanotechnology discusses future applications of the technology and the real-world issues surrounding these.
Outlining developing trends, emerging opportunities, associated risks and future applications, this book is essential reading for professionals, prospective investors and policy makers who need an accessible introduction to the topic.
Table of Contents
List of Contributors.
Foreword (Hiroyuki Yoshikawa).
Introduction: Movements in Nanotechnology (Jurgen Schulte).
Part One: National Nanotechnology Initiatives in Asia, Europe and the US.
1. Scientific Development and Industrial Application of Nanotechnology in China (Hongchen Gu and Jurgen Schulte).
2. Current Status of Nanotechnology in Korea and Research into Carbon Nanotubes (Jo-Won Lee and Wonbong Choi).
3. Nanotechnology in Europe (Ottilia Saxl).
4. The Vision and Strategy of the US National Nanotechnology Initiative (M. C. Roco).
Part Two: Investing in Nanotechnolgy.
5. Growth through Nanotechnology Opportunities and Risks (Jurgen Schulte).
6. Need for a New Type of Venture Capital (Po Chi Wu).
Part Three: Frontiers of Nanotechnology.
7. Frontier Nanotechnology for the Next Generation (Tsuneo Nakahara and Takahiro Imai).
8. Next-Generation Applications for Polymeric Nanofibres (Teik-Cheng Lim and Seeram Ramakrishna).
9. Nanotechnology Applications in Textiles (David Soane, David Offord and William Ware).
10. Measurement Standards for Nanometrology (Isao Kojima and Tetsuya Baba).