Convergence Technologies for 3G Networks: IP, UMTS, EGPRS and ATM (Hardcover)
Jeffrey Bannister, Paul Mather, Sebastian Coope
- 出版商: Wiley
- 出版日期: 2004-02-13
- 售價: $1,720
- 貴賓價: 9.5 折 $1,634
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 670
- 裝訂: Hardcover
- ISBN: 047086091X
- ISBN-13: 9780470860915
$399CCNA Self-Study: CCNA Basics (CCNAB) (Hardcover)
The merging of voice and data on a single network opens powerful new possibilities in communications. Only a fundamental understanding of both technologies will ensure you are equipped to maximise their full potential.
Convergence Technologies for 3G Networks describes the evolution from cellular to a converged network that integrates traditional telecommunications and the technology of the Internet. In particular, the authors address the application of both IP and ATM technologies to a cellular environment, including IP telephony protocols, the use of ATM/AAL2 and the new AAL2 signalling protocol for voice/multimedia and data transport as well as the future of the UMTS network in UMTS Release 5/6 All-IP architecture.
Convergence Technologies for 3G Networks:
- Explains the operation and integration of GSM, GPRS, EDGE, UMTS, CDMA2000, IP, and ATM.
- Provides practical examples of 3G connection scenarios.
- Uses live captures from 3G networks.
- Describes signalling flows and protocol stacks.
- Covers IP and ATM as used in a 3G context.
- Addresses issues of QoS and real-time application support.
- Includes IP/SS7 internetworking and IP softswitching.
- Discusses the use of Voice over IP and SIP in UMTS.
- Outlines the architecture of the IP Multimedia Subsystem (IMS) for UMTS.
This highly accessible reference is suited for professionals from the telecommunications, data communications and computer networking industries.
About the Authors.
2. Principles of Communications .
3. GSM Fundamentals.
4. General Packet Radio System.
5. IP Applications for GPRS/UMTS.
6. Universal Mobile Telecommunications System.
7. UMTS Transmission Networks.
8. IP Telephony for UMTS Release 4.
9. Release 5 and Beyond (All-IP).
Glossary of Terms.