Career Development and Counseling: Putting Theory and Research to Work (Hardcover)
Steven D. Brown,Robert W. Lent
- 出版商: Wiley
- 出版日期: 2004-10-11
- 售價: $1,900
- 貴賓價: 9.5 折 $1,805
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 696
- 裝訂: Hardcover
- ISBN: 0471288802
- ISBN-13: 9780471288800
Today's career development professional must choose from a wide array of
theories and practices in order to provide services for a diverse range of
clients. Career Development and Counseling: Putting Theory and Research to Work
focuses on scientifically based career theories and practices, including those
derived from research in other disciplines. Driven by the latest empirical and
practical evidence, this text offers the most in-depth, far-reaching, and
comprehensive career development and counseling resource available.Edited by two
of the leading figures in career development, and featuring contributions by
many of the most well-regarded specialists in the field, Career Development and
Counseling: Putting Theory and Research to Work is the one book that every
career counselor, vocational psychologist, and serious student of career
development must have.
SECTION ONE: MAJOR THEORIES OF CAREER DEVELOPMENT, CHOICE, AND ADJUSTMENT.
1. The Minnesota Theory of Work Adjustment (Ren?V. Dawis).
2. Hollands Theory of Vocational Personalities in Work Environments (Arnold R. Spokane and Maria Cristina Cruza-Guet).
3. The Theory and Practice of Career Construction (Mark L. Savickas).
4. Applying Gottfredsons Theory of Circumscription and Compromise in Career Guidance and Counseling (Linda S. Gottfredson).
5. A Social Cognitive View of Career Development and Counseling (Robert W. Lent).
SECTION TWO: INFORMATIVE RESEARCH.
6. Occupational Aspirations: Constructs, Meanings, and Application (Jay W. Rojewski).
7. Job Search Success: A Review and Integration of the Predictors, Behaviors, and Outcomes (Alan M. Saks).
8. Theories and Research on Job Satisfaction (Barbara A. Fritzsche and Tiffany J. Parrish).
9. Work Performance and Careers (Joyce E. A. Russell).
10. Career Development in Context: Research with People of Color (Roger L. Worthington, Lisa Y. Flores, and Rachel L. Navarro).
11. Womens Career Development (Nancy E. Betz).
SECTION THREE: ASSESSMENT AND OCCUPATIONAL INFORMATION.
12. Assessment of Interests (Jo-Ida C. Hansen).
13. Assessment of Needs and Values (James B. Rounds and Patrick Ian Armstrong).
14. Ability Assessment in Career Counseling (Nancy E. Ryan Krane and William C. Tirre).
15. Beyond Interests, Needs/Values, and Abilities: Assessing Other Important Career Constructs over the Life Span (Jane L. Swanson and Catalina DAchiardi).
16. Occupational Classification and Sources of Occupational Information (Paul A. Gore Jr. and Jorie L. Hitch).
SECTION FOUR: CAREER INTERVENTIONS ACROSS THE LIFE SPAN.
17. Promoting Career Development and Aspirations in School-Age Youth (Sherri L. Turner and Richard T. Lapan).
18. Counseling for Career Choice: Implications for Improving Interventions and Working with Diverse Populations (Matthew J. Miller and Steven D. Brown).
19. Counseling for Choice Implementation (LaRae M. Jome and Susan D. Phillips).
20. Counseling for Work Adjustment (Barbara Griffin and Beryl Hesketh).
21. Counseling for Retirement (Harvey L. Sterns and Linda Mezydlo Subich).
SECTION FIVE: SPECIAL NEEDS AND APPLICATIONS.
22. Promoting the Career Development and Academic Achievement of At-Risk Youth: College Access Programs (Consuelo Arbona).
23. Promoting the Career Potential of Youth with Disabilities (Ellen S. Fabian and James J. Liesener).
24. Broadening Our Understanding of Work-Bound Youth: A Challenge for Career Counseling (Cindy L. Juntunen and Kara Brita Wettersten).
25. Blending Promise with Passion: Best Practices for Counseling Intellectually Talented Youth (John A. Achter and David Lubinski).
26. Counseling for Career Transition: Career Pathing, Job Loss, and Reentry (Becky L. Bobek and Steven B. Robbins).