Reliability of Computer Systems and Networks: Fault Tolerance, Analysis, and Des
Martin L. Shooman
- 出版商: Wiley-Interscience
- 出版日期: 2001-12-15
- 售價: $1,050
- 貴賓價: 9.5 折 $998
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 560
- 裝訂: Hardcover
- ISBN: 0471293423
- ISBN-13: 9780471293422
貴賓價: $1,587Implementation Patterns (Paperback)
貴賓價: $2,038Security Patterns in Practice: Designing Secure Architectures Using Software Patterns (Hardcover)
售價: $2,384Thinking in C++, Volume 1: Introduction to Standard C++, 2/e (Paperback)
貴賓價: $1,176Server Component Patterns: Component Infrastructures Illustrated with EJB (Hardcover)
貴賓價: $1,127Introduction to Systems Analysis and Design (美國版ISBN:007340294X)
貴賓價: $1,555Dependency Injection (Paperback)
貴賓價: $372The Elements of C# Style
Reliability of Computer Systems and Networks presents the fundamentals of reliability and availability analysis for various computer hardware, software, and networked systems. Reliability and availability as major objectives in system design are the focus. Various redundancy and fault-tolerant techniques, as well as error-correcting coding techniques are treated.
The author proposes a high-level design approach based on apportioning the reliability and availability goals to subsystems and provides various techniques for achieving these subsystem goals. The next step is an efficient, exact optimization approach based on upper and lower bounds to minimize the number of feasible candidates. The most readily applied methods for analysis are utilized and design techniques are derived from basic principles. Analytical simplifications and approximations are developed to validate the results of computer models used for large-scale complex problems.
- Coding and decoding schemes for error detection and correction including chip reliability
- Comparison of the reliability and availability of parallel, standby, and majority voting architectures
- Formulation, solution, and interpretation of Markov models for repairable systems
- Introduction and comparison of various RAID memory systems
- The architecture and fault-tolerant principles of TANDEM and STRATUS non-stop computer systems
- Practical and tutorial examples and numerous practice problems
- Appendices which cover the necessary background material on probability, reliability, and architecture
Reliability of Computer Systems and Networks offers in-depth and up-to-date coverage of reliability and availability for students with a focus on important applications areas, computer systems, and networks. Professionals in systems and reliability design, as well as computer architecture, will find it a highly useful reference.
Table of Contents
Redundancy, Spares, and Repairs.
Software Reliability and Recovery Techniques.
Networked Systems Reliability.
Appendix A: Summary of Probability Theory.
Appendix B: Summary of Reliability Theory.
Appendix C: Review of Architecture Fundamentals.
Appendix D: Programs for Reliability Modeling and Analysis.