Compact and Broadband Microstrip Antennas
A tremendous amount of work has been done since 1997 to improve microstrip antennas in portable communication equipment. To meet the demand for an updated, single-source design reference on these recent advances, Compact and Broadband Microstrip Antennas presents over 100 advanced microstrip antenna designs and their complete experimental results. These new advanced designs are catalogued in a quick-reference format, unique to this book, through a reorganization of antenna types into two groups: compact microstrip antennas and broadband microstrip antennas.
Generously supplemented with 393 figures, the data and designs presented here have appeared in over 100 refereed journal papers in the field, including advanced designs newly reported by prestigious antenna researchers. Each chapter opens with an informative overview and concludes with listings of up-to-date resources for further reading.
Compact and Broadband Microstrip Antennas is relevant to all current design techniques and explorations of microstrip antennas. It also provides the critical groundwork for further developments in wireless communication systems by graduate students, professors, and researchers involved in microstrip antenna design.
Table of Contents
1. Introduction and Overview.
2. Compact Microstrip Antennas.
3. Compact Broadband Microstrip Antennas.
4. Compact Dual-Frequency and Dual-Polarized Microstrip Antennas.
5. Compact Circularly Polarized Microstrip Antennas.
6. Compact Microstrip Antennas with Enhanced Gain.
7. Broadband Microstrip Antennas.
8. Broadband Dual-Frequency and Dual-Polarized Microstrip Antennas.
9. Broadband and Dual-Band Circularly Polarized Microstrip Antennas.