The Art of Modeling with Spreadsheets (美國版04712093760)
Stephen G. Powell; Kenneth R. Baker
- 出版商: John Wiley and Sons Ltd
- 售價: $1,020
- 貴賓價: 9.8 折 $1,000
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 432
- 裝訂: Hardcover
- ISBN: 0471452165
- ISBN-13: 9780471452164
- Balanced and streamlined coverage of spreadsheet engineering, management science techniques, and modeling craft.
- The CD-ROM packaged with this text features all of the spreadsheets referred to in the text, as well as three software tools of special importance to business analysts: Premium Solver, Crystal Ball, and Sensitivity Toolkit (featuring four sensitivity tools)
- Helps students develop non-technical, craft skills that expert modelers commonly employ, such as abstracting a situation, debugging a model, and translating model results into managerial insights (Chapter 3 and throughout).
- Presents effective spreadsheet engineering methods for designing, building, and testing spreadsheet models and for performing model-based analyses (Chapters 5 and 6).
- Coverage of sensitivity analysis (Chapter 6, 8, and 9) is supported by specialized add-in software that accompanies the book.
- Concise coverage of optimization (Chapter 8) and simulation (Chapter 9) features a strong spreadsheet orientation and a modeling emphasis.
- Statistics coverage focuses on the most important statistical tools and concepts for the practicing modeler.
- A unique collection of cases and exercises reinforces the more open-ended skills covered by the text.
Table of Contents：
Chapter 1. Introduction.
Chapter 2. Modeling in a Problem-Solving Framework.
Chapter 3. The Craft of Modeling.
Chapter 4. Visual Modeling Tools for Problems Formulation.
Chapter 5. Spreadsheets Engineering.
Chapter 6. Analysis Using Spreadsheets.
Chapter 7. Data Analysis in the Service of Modeling.
Chapter 8. Optimization.
Chapter 9. Simulation.
Appendix A: Basic Probability Concepts.
Appendix B: Excel Tools for Modeling.