A timely introduction to the latest modeling and simulation techniques
Object-oriented modeling is a fast-growing area of modeling and simulation that provides a structured, computer-supported way of doing mathematical and equation-based modeling. Modelica is today’s most promising modeling language in that it effectively unifies and generalizes previous object-oriented modeling languages and provides a sound basis for the basic concepts.
Principles of Object-Oriented Modeling and Simulation with Modelica 2.1 introduces the latest methods of object-oriented component-based system modeling and simulation, and provides a tutorial and reference for the latest version of Modelica complete with a comprehensive overview of application model libraries from many domains. Executable examples are included from many areas–physics, mechanics, electrical systems, thermodynamics, flow systems, computer science, concurrent and real-time processes, biology, ecology, chemistry, economy, etc.
Designed for students, researchers, and engineers familiar with basic programming concepts, the text:
- Introduces the concepts of physical modeling, object-oriented modeling, and component-based modeling
- Includes both visual and textual modeling/programming
- Provides a complete yet informal overview of the Modelica language
- Demonstrates modeling examples for a wide range of applications
- Acts as a reference guide for the most commonly used Modelica libraries
- Features the current version of Modelica 2.1 including some anticipated extentions
Its flexible format, comprehensive coverage of the field, and practical focus makes Principles of Object-Oriented Modeling and Simulation with Modelica 2.1 an indispensable teaching tool, a timely reference source for modeling and programming with Modelica, and a valuable hands-on guide for doing physical modeling in a broad range of application areas.
Visit the book Web page www.mathcore.com/drmodelica for samples of executable models, teaching material, interactive tutorials, and recent updates of the book.