Multiple Access Protocols for Mobile Communications GPRS, UMTS and Beyond
Alex Brand, Hamid Aghvami
- 出版商: Wiley
- 出版日期: 2002-01-18
- 定價: USD $277.00
- 售價: $1,050
- 貴賓價: 9.5 折 $998
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 352
- 裝訂: Hardcover
- ISBN: 0471498777
- ISBN-13: 9780471498773
- Examines the suitable MAC strategies for the support of packet-data on shared and common channels
- Describes the physical and logical channels in GSM, HSCSD and GPRS and examines the GPRS air interface features, including EGPRS and Release 4/5 enhancements
- Documents the authors extensive research efforts on PRMA-based protocols for CDMA, hybrid CDMA/TDMA and TDMA air interfaces
- Analyses the various options for packet-data support in UMTS Release 1999 on common and dedicated channels and planned enhancements in Release 5
- Summarises the challenges faced when wanting to support IP-based real-time and multimedia traffic efficiently in mobile communication systems and reviews how further evolutions of GPRS and UMTS attempt to meet these challenges
- Presents interesting research results on the benefits of channel access control in the context of reservation protocols
If you're looking for a comprehensive discussion of multiple access protocols, taking into account the constraints and capabilities of cellular communication systems, then this is the book for you. Engineers, researchers, academics and advanced students will all find it an important and valuable reference
Table of Contents
Cellular Mobile Communication Systems: From IG to 4G.
Multiple Access in Cellular Communication Systems.
Multiple Access in GSM and (E) GPRS.
Models for the Physical Layer and for User Traffic Generation.
MD PRMA with Load-based Access Control.
MD PRMA on Code-Time-Slots.
MD PRMA with Prioritised Bayesian Broadcast.
Packet Access in UTRA FDD and UTRA TDD.
Towards 'All IP' and Some Concluding Remarks.