Display Interfaces: Fundamentals & Standards (Hardcover)
Robert L. Myers
- 出版商: Wiley
- 出版日期: 2002-06-15
- 售價: $1,400
- 貴賓價: 9.8 折 $1,372
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 350
- 裝訂: Hardcover
- ISBN: 0471499463
- ISBN-13: 9780471499466
售價: $199Cisco CCNA Exam #640-607 Certification Guide, 3/e
貴賓價: $970Introduction to Algorithms, 2/e
This concise and practical treatment provides a one-stop reference to electronic display interfaces and is a must-read for anyone dealing with electronic displays: from professional display engineers through to content providers, graphics hardware designers and system integrators.
Focusing on the interface between display devices and the systems that use them, this book:
- Identifies the basic requirements and applications of all popular television and computer video interface standards, including the VGA and DVI personal computer display interfaces and the NTSC, PAL, and SECAM television broadcast systems.
- Outlines the difficulties related to practical application and system implementation.
- Looks to the future and considers the development of wireless display interfaces, virtual displays and the Digital Packet Video Link (DPVL).
- Presents an overview of the basic concepts in display systems, the workings of human vision and color science.
- Provides guidance on how each type of display behaves and how to make the best use of them in various systems and environments.
The Society for Information Display (SID) is an international society which has the aim of encouraging the development of all aspects of the field of information display. Complementary to the aims of the society the Wiley-SID series is intended to explain the latest developments in information display technology at a professional level. The broad scope of the series addresses all facets of information displays from technical aspects through systems and prototypes to standards and ergonomics.
Table of Contents
Series Editor's Foreword.
Basic Concepts in Display Systems.
The Human Visual System.
Fundamentals of Color.
Display Technologies and Applications.
Practical and Performance Requirements of the Display Interface.
Basics of Analog and Digital Display Interfaces.
Format and Timing Standards.
Standards for Analog Video - Part I: Television.
Standards for Analog Video - Part II: The Personal Computer.
Digital Display Interface Standards.
Additional Interfaces to the Display.
The Impact of Digital Television and HDTV.
New Displays, New Applications, and New Interfaces.
Bibliography, References, and Recommended Further Reading.