Mobile, Wireless, and Sensor Networks: Technology, Applications, and Future Directions
Rajeev Shorey, A. Ananda, Mun Choon Chan, Wei Tsang Ooi
貴賓價: $1,406Handbook of Sensor Networks: Algorithms and Architectures
貴賓價: $1,283Ad Hoc And Sensor Networks: Theory And Applications (Paperback)
貴賓價: $970Introduction to Algorithms, 2/e
貴賓價: $950Object-Oriented Software Engineering: Using UML, Patterns and Java, 2/e(平裝) (美國版ISBN:0130471100)
This publication represents the best thinking and solutions to a myriad of contemporary issues in wireless networks. Coverage includes wireless LANs, multihop wireless networks, and sensor networks. Readers are provided with insightful guidance in tackling such issues as architecture, protocols, modeling, analysis, and solutions. The book also highlights economic issues, market trends, emerging, cutting-edge applications, and new paradigms, such as middleware for RFID, smart home design, and "on-demand business" in the context of pervasive computing.
Mobile, Wireless, and Sensor Networks is divided into three distinct parts:
- Recent Advances in Wireless LANs and Multihop Wireless Networks
- Recent Advances and Research in Sensor Networks
- Middleware, Applications, and New Paradigms
In developing this collected work, the editors have emphasized two objectives:
- Helping readers bridge the gap and understand the relationship between practice and theory
- Helping readers bridge the gap and understand the relationships and common links among different types of wireless networks
Chapters are written by an international team of researchers and practitioners who are experts and trendsetters in their fields. Contributions represent both industry and academia, including IBM, National University of Singapore, Panasonic, Intel, and Seoul National University.
Students, researchers, and practitioners who need to stay abreast of new research and take advantage of the latest techniques in wireless communications will find this publication indispensable. Mobile, Wireless, and Sensor Networks provides a clear sense of where the industry is now, what challenges it faces, and where it is heading.
Table of Contents
PART I: RECENT ADVANCES IN WLANs AND MULTIHOP WIRELESS NETWORKS.
1. Measuring Wireless LANs 5 (Tristan Henderson and David Kotz).
2. Understanding the Use of a Campus Wireless Network (David Schwab and Rick Bunt).
3. QoS Provisioning in IEEE 802.11 WLAN (Sunghyun Choi and Jeonggyun Yu).
4. A Perspective on the Design of Power Control for Mobile Ad Hoc Networks (Alaa Muqattash, Marwan Krunz, and Sung-Ju Lee).
5. Routing Algorithms for Energy-Efficient Reliable Packet Delivery in Multihop Wireless Networks (Suman Banerjee and Archan Misra).
PART II: RECENT ADVANCES AND RESEARCH IN SENSOR NETWORKS.
6. Detection, Energy, and Robustness in Wireless Sensor Networks (Lige Yu and Anthony Ephremides).
7. Mobile Target Tracking Using Sensor Networks (Ashima Gupta, Chao Gui, and Prasant Mohapatra).
8. Field Gathering Wireless Sensor Networks (Enrique J. Duarte-Melo and Mingyan Liu).
9. Coverage and Connectivity Issues in Wireless Sensor Networks (Amitabha Ghosh and Sajal K. Das).
10. Storage Management in Wireless Sensor Networks (Sameer Tilak, Nael Abu-Ghazaleh, and Wendi B. Heinzelman).
11. Security in Sensor Networks (Farooq Anjum and Saswati Sarkar).
PART III: MIDDLEWARE, APPLICATIONS, AND NEW PARADIGMS.
12. WinRFID: A Middleware for the Enablement of Radiofrequency Identification (RFID)-Based Applications (B. S. Prabhu, Xiaoyong Su, Harish Ramamurthy, Chi-Cheng Chu, and Rajit Gadh).
13. Designing Smart Environments: A Paradigm Based on Learning and Prediction (Sajal K. Das and Diane Cook).
14. Enforcing Security in Mobile Networks: Challenges and Solutions (Feng Bao, Robert H. Deng, Ying Qiu, and Jianying Zhou)
15. On-Demand Business: Network Challenges in a Global Pervasive Ecosystem (Craig Fellenstein, Joshy Joseph, Dongwook Lim, and J. Candice D’Orsay).