Smart Environments : Technology, Protocols and Applications
Diane Cook, Sajal Kumar Das
- 出版商: Wiley
- 出版日期: 2004-11-02
- 定價: $1,200
- 售價: 3.3 折 $399
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 432
- 裝訂: Hardcover
- ISBN: 0471544485
- ISBN-13: 9780471544487
$1,995Concurrent and Distributed Computing in Java (Hardcover)
$399Concurrent and Real-Time Programming in Java (Paperback)
$199Smart Home Hacks
$1,020Activity-Centered Design: An Ecological Approach to Designing Smart Tools and Usable Systems (Hardcover)
Live smarter! Discover how intelligent environments are revolutionizing industry, home, and office
Research on smart environments represents some of the most innovative work being done in computer science, electrical engineering, and information systems today. The interdisciplinary scope of the field integrates aspects of machine learning, human-machine interfacing, wireless networking, mobile communications, sensor networks, and pervasive computing. As research efforts devise intelligent environments for use in homes, offices, classrooms, hospitals, and automobiles, far-reaching applications–from design and architecture to health care issues and software engineering–become increasingly evident.
With contributions from leading researchers in a wide array of disciplines, Smart Environments: Technology, Protocols, and Applications presents the state of the art in this emerging field. Important topics covered include:
- Wireless sensor networks
- Pervasive technology
- Home and office networking and appliances
- Prediction algorithms
- Location and estimation techniques
- Automated decision-making
- Privacy and security issues
- Assistive environments for individuals with special needs
- Future trends
Supplementary features include an accompanying Web site and a comprehensive listing of Web sites for smart environment projects. Encompassing both theory and practical implementation, with in-depth discussion of existing applications, Smart Environments is an authoritative resource for practicing engineers and students in the field.
Table of Contents:
Foreword by (Howard E. Shrobe).
PART 1: INTRODUCTION.
1. Overview (D. Cook & S. Das).
PART 2: TECHNOLOGIES FOR SMART ENVIRONMENTS.
2. Wireless Sensor Networks (F. Lewis).
3. Power Line Communication Technologies (H. Latchman & A. Mundi).
4. Wireless Communications and Pervasive Technology (M. Conti).
5. Middleware (G. Youngblood).
6. Home Networking and Appliances (D. Marples & S. Moyer).
PART 3: ALGORITHMS AND PROTOCOLS FOR SMART ENVIRONMENTS.
7. Designing for the Human Experience in Smart Environments (G. Abowd & E. Mynatt).
8. Prediction Algorithms foor Smart Environments (D. Cook).
9. Location Estimation (Determination and Prediction) Techniques in Smart Environments (A. Misra & S. Das).
10. Automated Decision Making (M. Huber).
11. Privacy, Security, and Trust Issues in Smart Environments (P. Nixon, et al.).
PART 4: APPLICATIONS.
12. Lessons from an Adaptive Home (M. Mozer).
13. Smart Rooms (A. Chen, et al.).
14. Smart Offices (C. Gal).
15. Perceptual Environments (A. Pentland).
16. Assistive Environments for Individuals with Special Needs (A. Helal, et al.).
PART 5: CONCLUSIONS.
17. Ongoing Challenges and Future Directions (S. Das & D. Cook).