Fiber to the Home: The New Empowerment
Paul E. Green Jr.
- 出版商: Wiley-Interscience
- 出版日期: 2005-10-14
- 售價: $2,235
- 貴賓價: 9.5 折 $2,123
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 144
- 裝訂: Hardcover
- ISBN: 0471742473
- ISBN-13: 9780471742470
貴賓價: $1,197The Art of Unit Testing: with Examples in .NET (Paperback)
貴賓價: $1,881Java Web Services Architecture
貴賓價: $1,206Lessons Learned in Software Testing (Paperback)
售價: $1,450Botnets: The Killer Web Applications
A compelling treatment of FTTH
Written by telecommunications pioneer Paul Green Jr., Fiber to the Home is a comprehensive examination of the technical and social implications of fiber to the home (FTTH), the technology that extends the current fiber optic backbone to optically connect it directly to homes and offices.
Fiber to the Home addresses the payoffs expected from this impending technological revolution; provides a detailed guide to the optoelectronic components and architectures of which the system is made; and includes an equally thorough guide to the mechanics of deploying the fiber paths, whether underground or elevated. Additionally, the book concludes with a recent country-by-country survey of the legalities and the state of play in this important new trend.
Green points out how completing the "last mile" between today's fiber network backbone and customer premises will not only unleash new usage modes for consumer computers, TVs, phones, and other terminal types, but will also empower both the computer and telecommunication industries toward new levels of investment and profitability.
Aimed at a general audience, Fiber to the Home uses essentially no mathematics, and all terms are carefully explained and reinforced with a vocabulary quiz at the end of each chapter. Because of the tutorial emphasis of the explanations, the wide spectrum of readers affected by this emerging and ever-accelerating revolution will gain a thorough understanding of the technical details of FTTH that will aid them in the practice of their professions. These readers include:
* Technicians, craftsmen, and engineers involved in installing fiber systems
* Telecommunication network planners
* Venture investors curious about the future of this dynamic industry sector
* Research and product engineers who need to know the detailed architecture, cost, and performance imperatives of this "post-bubble" optical networking business opportunity
* Students interested in a vibrant new industry with new jobs and new R & D challenges
* Telecommunication regulators and attorneys who need a quick fix on what the technology is and what it does
* Individuals concerned with international competitiveness in an age when the country's information infrastructure is such a key ingredient for future growth
With Fiber to the Home, readers are armed with all they need to fully understand and participate in the FTTH revolution.
Table of Contents
Foreword (Leonard Kleinrock).
Chapter 1. The Evolution of the Broad Band Last Mile.
Chapter 2. Architectures and Standards.
Chapter 3. Base Technologies.
Chapter 4. Deploying the System.
Chapter 5. Current Deployments.
Chapter 6. The Future.