Blade Servers and Virtualization: Transforming Enterprise Computing While Cutting Costs
Barb Goldworm, Anne Skamarock
- 出版商: Wiley
- 出版日期: 2007-02-12
- 售價: $2,150
- 貴賓價: 9.5 折 $2,043
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 408
- 裝訂: Hardcover
- ISBN: 0471783951
- ISBN-13: 9780471783954
Blade server systems and virtualization are key building blocks for Next Generation Enterprise Data centers Blades offer modular, pre-wired, ultra high-density servers (up to 10x traditional servers) with shared components (power, cooling, switches) – reducing complexity and cost, and improving flexibility, availability, manageability, and maintainability Virtualization enables consolidation of physical servers by allowing many virtual servers to run concurrently on one physical server – improving system utilization, reducing the total number of physical servers, reducing costs, and increasing flexibility This is the first book covering these complementary technologies and how, together, they provide a strong foundation for the future It examines the history, architectures, features, examples, and user case studies of blade systems and virtualization, and offers guidance and considerations for how to evaluate and implement solutions
Table of Contents
1. Blades and Virtualization: Building Blocks for Next-Generation Data Centers.
2. Evolution of Computing Technology: Setting the Stage.
3. Evolution of Blade and Virtualization Technologies.
4. Blade Architecture Overview.
5. PC Blades.
6. Networking and Related Technologies.
7. Blades and Storage.
9. Clustering and Blades.
10. Managing Blade Systems.
11. Industry Organizations and Related Standards.
12. Assessing Your Needs: Blade System Hardware Considerations.
13. Power and Cooling.
14. System Software Considerations.
15. Differentiating and Selecting Products.
16. Key Vendor and Product Analysis.
17. Case Studies.
Appendix A. Vendor/Product Information.
Appendix B. Standards and Specifications.