Peak Power Control in Multicarrier Communications
- 出版商: Cambridge University Press
- 出版日期: 2007-01-15
- 售價: $1,500
- 貴賓價: 9.8 折 $1,470
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 294
- 裝訂: Hardcover
- ISBN: 0521855969
- ISBN-13: 9780521855969
Peak signal power is an important factor in the implementation of multicarrier (MC) modulation schemes like OFDM, in wireless and wireline communication systems. This book describes tools necessary for analyzing and controlling the peak-to-average power ratio in MC systems, and how these techniques are applied in practical designs. The author starts with an overview of multicarrier signals and basic tools and algorithms, before discussing properties of MC signals in detail: discrete and continuous maxima; statistical distribution of peak power; codes with constant peak-to-average power ratio are all covered, concluding with methods to decrease peak power in MC systems. Current knowledge, problems, methods and definitions are summarized using rigorous mathematics, with an overview of the tools for the engineer. The book is aimed at graduate students and researchers in electrical engineering, computer science and applied mathematics, and practitioners in the telecommunications industry. Further information on this title available at www.cambridge.org/9780521855969.
• Presents a comprehensive survey of our current knowledge about analysis and control of peak power in multicarrier communication systems
• Combines rigorous mathematics with an extensive treatment of engineering features, and provides the necessary introduction to mathematical tools, making research topics accessible to engineers
• Further information on this title is available online at www.cambridge.org/9780521855969
Table of Contents
1. Introduction; 2. Multicarrier signals; 3. Basic tools and algorithms; 4. Discrete and continuous maxima in MC signals; 5. Statistical distribution of peak power in MC signals; 6. Coded MC signals; 7. MC signals with constant PMEPR; 8. Methods to decrease peak power in MC systems.