Struts Kick Start
James Turner, Kevin Bedell
- 出版商: Sams
- 出版日期: 2002-12-09
- 售價: $1,397
- 貴賓價: 9.5 折 $1,327
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 504
- 裝訂: Paperback
- ISBN: 0672324725
- ISBN-13: 9780672324727
Learn to build applications with Jakarta Struts, the most popular JSP development framework. Struts Kick Start is a "hands-on" book filled with sample applications and code snippets you can reuse, and in-depth coverage of new features in Struts 1.1. If you are looking for a practical book that "shows you how to do it", then Struts Kick Start is for you. Plus, it's the first Struts book with detailed examples of the major Struts tags.
The book begins with a discussion of Struts and its Model-View-Controller (MVC) architecture. The authors' then demonstrate Struts' power through the development of a non-trivial sample application - covering all the Struts components in a "how to use them" approach. You'll also see the Struts Tag Library in action - use tags for HTML, javabeans, logical operations and more. You'll learn to use Struts with JBoss for EJB's, with Apache Axis to publish and use Web Services, and with JUnit for testing and debugging. The authors work with the latest Struts 1.1 features including DynaForms, Tiles and the Validator.
The book includes a CD-ROM containing the tools discussed in the book: Struts 1.1 beta 2, Java 2 Standard Edition, JBoss 3.0.3, MySQL 3.23, XDoclet, Torque, Tomcat, Ant, Axis, Cactus, and JUnit. Plus, it comes with an electronic, fully searchable version of the book.
Table of Contents
1. Struts in Context.
2. The Model-View-Controller Design Pattern: 'Model 2' JSP Development.
3. Hello World!: A First Struts Application.
4. HTTP Protocol: Web Application Communications and Control.
5. JSP, Taglibs, and JSTL: Extending Java onto the Page.
6. The Sample Application: A Financial Portfolio.
7. View Components: What the End User Sees.
8. The Controller: Directing the Action.
9. Model Components: Modeling the Business.
10. The struts-config.xml File: Tying All the Pieces Together.
11. How the Struts Tag Libraries Work: The View from Inside.
14. Struts Logic Tags: Conditional Presentation Logic.
15. The Nested and Template Struts Tag Libraries: Handling Subproperties and Inserting Content.
16. The Struts Tiles Tag Library: Creation Master Document Templates.
17. DynaForms and the Validator.
18. Using Struts with Enterprise JavaBeans.
19. Using Struts with Web Services.
20. Building, Deploying, and Testing Struts Applications.
Appendix A. Installing Struts and the Sample Applications from the CD.