Flow Dynamics and Tissue Engineering of Blood Vessels
Bit, Arindam, Suri, Jasjit S. Suri S.
- 出版商: IOP Publishing Ltd
- 出版日期: 2020-11-20
- 售價: $5,360
- 貴賓價: 9.5 折 $5,092
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 316
- 裝訂: Hardcover - also called cloth, retail trade, or trade
- ISBN: 0750320869
- ISBN-13: 9780750320863
Flow Dynamics and Tissue Engineering of Blood Vessels explores the physical phenomena of vessel compliance and its influence on blood flow dynamics, as well as the modification of flow structures in the presence of diseases within the vessel wall or diseased blood content. This volume also illustrates the progress of tissue engineering for the intervention of re-engineered blood vessels. Blood vessel organoid models, their controlling aspects, and blood vessels based on microfluidic platforms are illustrated following on from the understanding of flow physics of blood on a similar platform.
The purpose of this book is to provide an overview of regenerative medicine and fluid mechanics principles for the management of clinically diseased blood vessels. Authors discuss tissue engineering aspects and computational fluid mechanical principles, and how they can be used to understand the state of blood vessels in diseased conditions.
- Computational and experimental fluid dynamics principles have been used to explore the modelling of diseased blood vessels
- Principles of fluid dynamics and tissue engineering are used to propose innovative designs of bioreactors for blood vessel regeneration
- Offers experimental analytical studies of blood flow in vessels with pathological conditions
- Controlling aspects of various parameters while developing blood-vessel bioreactors and organoid models are presented critically, and optimization techniques for these parameters are also provided
Arindam Bit is an assistant professor in the Department of Biomedical Engineering at the National Institute of Technology, Raipur, India. He has more than 40 research publications in peer-reviewed journals and has served as a guest editor to the Journal of Healthcare Engineering and Frontiers of Medical Technologies.
Jasjit S Suri is an innovator, scientist, visionary, industrialist, and an internationally known world leader in biomedical engineering, and he has spent 25 years in the field of biomedical engineering and its management. He was awarded the Marquis Life Time Achievement Award, Fellow of AIMBE and Fellow of AIUM during his career. His main contributions are in artificial intelligence in healthcare, particularly in cardiovascular and neurological fields.