Quantum Optics and Quantum Computation: An Introduction
Bhattacharyya, Dipankar, Guha, Jyotirmoy
This book studies the application of quantum mechanics to some of the most current and notable concepts in the area, such as quantum optics, cryptography, teleportation, and computing. Written as a complete and comprehensive course text, this book works through mathematically rigorous material using a clear and practical approach that facilitates student engagement, and highlights the fundamental principles of quantum physics used to develop quantum computing. Emphasising the mathematical and theoretical treatments appropriate for undergraduate and postgraduate students, this book offers a simple step by step explanation of Quantum Computing and Quantum Optics, appropriate for courses in those subjects, their students, and engineers.
- Provides an introductory guide to quantum optics and quantum computation
- Includes worked examples and illustrations throughout
- Presents diagrammatic representations
- End-of-chapter problems included
- Highlights data and essential concepts with reference materials for further reading