Communications Systems and Networks, 3/e (Paperback)
- 出版商: Hungry Minds
- 出版日期: 2002-09-05
- 售價: $2,760
- 貴賓價: 9.5 折 $2,622
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 720
- 裝訂: Paperback
- ISBN: 0764548999
- ISBN-13: 9780764548994
* Convergence is confusing. Convergence is critical. And convergence is real.
In this book, industry pundit Ray Horak describes how the merging of voice and
data networks has evolved and is likely to evolve as we move toward an
* Beginning with the fundamentals of communications technology, the book grounds the reader in basic telecommunications concepts including circuits (dedicated, switched and virtual), switches (circuit, packet, and frame), and the issues involved in digital and analog transmission.
* Describes the rudiments of transmission media, from twisted pair and coaxial cable to satellite and fiber-optic transmission.
* Introduces the basics of voice systems, beginning with legacy networks like key telephone systems and including PBXs, Centrex, Automatic Call Distributors, and Computer Telephony Integration (CTI).
* Explains the fundamentals of data communications, including basic LAN and WAN engineering, modems and other forms of data communications equipment, broadband infrastructure and network services, and the protocols and equipment that make the global Internet a reality.
* Considers some of the emerging technologies and applications just now gaining widespread acceptance, including wireless networks and digital video networks, along with the economic and regulatory forces likely to determine the shape of the networked world of the 21st Century, as well as the speed with which we can expect to see it implemented.
* Previous edition sold 40,000+ copies.
Table of Contents
Foreword by the Consulting Editor.
Foreword by Harry Newton.
Chapter 1: Fundamentals of the Technology: Concepts and Definitions.
Chapter 2: Fundamentals of Transmission Systems: Technologies and Applications.
Chapter 3: Voice Communications Systems: KTS, PBX, Centrex, and ACD.
Chapter 4: Messaging Systems: Facsimile, Voice Processing, and Electronic Mail.
Chapter 5: Public Switched Telephone Network (PSTN).
Chapter 6: Fundamentals of Data Communications.
Chapter 7: Conventional Digital and Data Networks.
Chapter 8: Local Area Networks (LANs): Connectivity and Internetworking.
Chapter 9: Broadband Network Infrastructure.
Chapter 10: Broadband Network Services: Frame Relay, SMDS, ATM, GbE and 10GbE, B-ISDN, and AINs.
Chapter 11: Wireless Networking: Emphasis on Mobility.
Chapter 12: The Internet and World Wide Web.
Chapter 13: Video and Multimedia Networking.
Chapter 14: Network Convergence.
Chapter 15: Regulation: Issues and (Some) Answers.
Appendix A: Acronyms, Abbreviations, and Symbols.
Appendix B: Standards Organizations and Special Interest Groups (SIGs).