What's Size Got To Do With It? Computer Rightsizing
John E. Blyler, Gary A. Ray
- 出版商: Wiley-IEEE Press
- 出版日期: 1997-09-16
- 售價: $3,773
- 貴賓價: 9.5 折 $3,584
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 408
- 裝訂: Paperback
- ISBN: 0780310969
- ISBN-13: 9780780310964
Electrical Engineering What’s Size Got To Do With It? Understanding Computer Rightsizing A Volume in the IEEE Press Understanding Science & Technology Series Mohamed E. El-Hawary, Series Editor Technological advances and the ever-shifting demands of the global marketplace have created an environment in which computer systems become obsolete at an astonishing rate. This book presents an easy-to-read, commonsense approach for designing flexible computer systems that address future requirements. Whether your existing system is a stand-alone PC, several workstations connected to a local-area network (LAN), or a traditional monolithic mainframe, What’s Size Got to Do With It? will help you determine the right-size system for your needs. This book will be of value to students, technical managers, computer-oriented engineers, and information systems professionals. Using a systems-engineering-based approach, this book provides a comprehensive overview with helpful case studies that illustrate specific applications. Key topics include:
- Multitiered client-server architectures
- Open-system development based upon international standards
- Hardware and software considerations
- Upsizing, downsizing, rehosting, and samesizing migration strategies
- A systems engineering approach covering the major life-cycle phases
- Decision analysis methods for selecting among competing solutions.
- A list of rightsizing software applications and Internet/Intranet resources
Table of Contents:
Introduction and Overview.
Systems Approach to Rightsizing.
Rightsizing Computer Hardware and Operating Systems.
Rightsizing Applications Development.
APPENDIXES AND REFERENCES.
Internet Resource Guide.
Rightsizing Tools Guide.
List of Acronyms.