Integrated HTML and CSS: A Smarter, Faster Way to Learn
Almost all web designers use Cascading Style Sheets to control the presentation of the websites they construct out of HTML. Why learn one and then the other when you can just as easily--and much more effectively--learn both at the same time? This book's integrated approach speeds your progress and leaves you with a stronger, more cohesive set of skills. Inside, you'll learn about:
* Writing well-structured HTML for use by any web-capable device
* Designing page layouts using CSS
* Controlling fonts, colors, backgrounds, borders, and margins
* Using lists to create attractive, button-like menus
* Using images as backgrounds, links, page content, and decoration
* Creating and styling forms
* Personalizing your weblog
* Understanding and applying design and usability principles
* Publishing and testing your pages
* Validating your code
* Making pages accessible to all visitors
Throughout the book you'll find real-world examples of effective CSS-based pages.
Table of Contents:
Chapter 1: How to Write XHTML and CSS.
Chapter 2: Location, Location: Where to Put a Style.
Chapter 3: Page Basics: DOCTYPE, Head, Body, and Body Styles.
Chapter 4: Headings and Heading Styles.
Chapter 5: Page Divisions: Div for Structure and Layout.
Chapter 6: Paragraph and Text Styles.
Chapter 7: Links and Link Styles.
Chapter 8: Multimedia, Images, and Image Styles.
Chapter 9: Lists and List Styles.
Chapter 10: Tables and Table Styles.
Chapter 11: Forms and Form Styles.
Chapter 12: Publishing and Testing Your Pages.
Chapter 13: CSS for Weblogs.
Chapter 14: Design Basics.