Build and Program Your Own LEGO Mindstorms EV3 Robots Paperback
Build and Program Your Own LEGO® MINDSTORMS® EV3 Robots
Absolutely no experience needed! Build and program amazing robots with the new LEGO MINDSTORMS EV3!
With LEGO MINDSTORMS EV3, you can do modern robotics without complex wiring or soldering! This step-by-step, full-color tutorial teaches all you need to know, including basic programming skills most introductory guides skip. Even better—it’s packed with hands-on projects!
Start by “unboxing” your new EV3 kit and getting to know every component: motors, sensors, connections, remotes, and the EV3’s more powerful, easier-to-program “brick.”
Then walk through building your first “bots”…creating more sophisticated robots with wheels and motors…engineering for strength and balance…“driving” your robot…building robots that recognize colors and do card tricks…and more!
LEGO MINDSTORMS EV3 robotics is the perfect pathway into science and technology… and this book is the easiest way to get started, even if you have absolutely no robotics or programming experience!
- Explore your new EV3 kit: both the retail “Home” and LEGO “Education” versions
- Get foolproof help with building the Track3r and other standard robots
- Build cars and tanks, and hack them to do even more
- Write programs that enable your robots to make their own decisions
- Improve your programs with feedback
- Handle more sophisticated engineering and programming tasks
- Troubleshoot problems that keep your robot from moving
- Get involved with the worldwide MINDSTORMS® robotics community
Marziah Karch is Senior Instructional Designer at NWEA, a Google Expert at About.com, and Senior Web Editor at GeekMom. She has more than a decade of experience in instructional technology and was senior educational technologist for Johnson County Community College, where she also taught interactive media development. She holds a master’s degree in Instructional Design and Technology, and is pursuing a doctorate in Library and Information Science. Her hands-on technology experience ranges from 3D animation to multimedia learning, content management to music video creation. She has extensively explored the educational potential of LEGO robotics. She is the author of Android Tablets Made Simple.
This book is not authorized or endorsed by the LEGO® Group.