CMOS Cellular Receiver Front-Ends: From Specification to Realization (Hardcover)
Johan Janssens, Michiel Steyaert
- 出版商: Springer
- 出版日期: 2002-01-31
- 定價: USD $199.99
- 售價: $860
- 貴賓價: 9.5 折 $817
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 254
- 裝訂: Hardcover
- ISBN: 0792376374
- ISBN-13: 9780792376378
- Different receiver architectures are compared with respect to integratability, achievable performance and required building block specifications.
- The requirements of the GSM-1800 standard are mapped onto a set of measurable specifications for a highly-integrated low-IF receiver and distributed among the different building blocks.
- Several circuit topologies are presented that realize the main functions of the receive path. The dynamics of the elementary specifications of these circuits are explained in terms of the operating point of the involved devices. Wherever possible, this is done using analytical expressions. Based on these insights, detailed sizing procedures are developed to systematically size these RF circuits for a set of specifications.
- The feasibility of meeting the requirements of today's high-end cellular standards is demonstrated in a mainstream submicron CMOS technology by the development of two highly-integrated GSM-1800 receivers.
- Attempts are made to reconcile the analog designer's and the RF designer's point of view on how to look at submicron CMOS transistors. Special attention is given to the fallacies and pitfalls of input matching in a CMOS context.
- A methodology for the systematic design of CMOS low-noise amplifiers is presented which is based on a bank of analytical equations for all important LNA specifications. The method is validated by the design of a low power, extremely low noise CMOS GPS LNA.
Preface. Acknowledgements. List of Symbols and Abbreviations. 1. Introduction. 2. The DCS-1800 Communication System. 3. Receiver Architecture and Specifications. 4. Deep Submicron CMOS Transistors. 5. RF CMOS Design for Analog Designers. 6. Systematic CMOS LNA Design. 7. A 0.25 μm CMOS Receiver Prototype for DCS-1800 Cellular Communications. 8. A 0.8 dB NF, ESD-protected CMOS LNA. 9. A 2V CMOS DCS-1800 Receiver Front-End. A. Noise Figure of Receiver Systems. B. HDx and IMx Ratios based on Taylor Expansions of iDS. C. Essentials of Two-port Noise Theory. Bibliography.