Nowadays, finance, mathematics, and programming are intrinsically linked. Financial Theory with Python provides relevant foundations of each discipline to give you the major tools you need to get started in the world of computational finance.
Using an approach where mathematical concepts provide the common background against which financial ideas and programming techniques are learned, Financial Theory with Python teaches you the basics of financial economics. Written by the best-selling author of Python for Finance, Yves Hilpisch, this practical guide explains financial, mathematical, and Python programming concepts in an integrative manner so that the interdisciplinary concepts reinforce each other.
- Draw upon mathematics to learn the foundations of financial theory and Python programming
- Learn about financial theory, financial data modeling, and the use of Python for computational finance
- Leverage simple economic models to better understand basic notions of finance and Python programming concepts
- Utilize both static and dynamic financial modeling to address fundamental problems in finance, such as pricing, decision making, equilibrium, and asset allocation
- Learn the basics of Python packages useful for financial modeling, such as NumPy, pandas, Matplotlib, and SymPy
Financial Theory with Python is made available to O'Reilly members in this early release format before it's available to the general public.