UAV Networks and Communications
Namuduri, Kamesh, Chaumette, Serge, Kim, Jae H.
The first book to focus on the communications and networking aspects of UAVs, this unique resource provides the fundamental knowledge needed to pursue research in the field. The team of authors covers the foundational concepts of the topic, as well as offering a detailed insight into the state of the art in UAVs and UAV networks, discussing the regulations, policies, and procedures for deployment (including analysis of risks and rewards), along with demonstrations, test-beds, and practical real-world applications in areas such as wildlife detection and emergency communications. This is essential reading for graduate students, researchers, and professionals in communications and networking.
Kamesh Namuduri, University of North Texas
Kamesh Namuduri is a Professor in the Electrical Engineering Department at the University of North Texas.
Serge Chaumette, Université de Bordeaux
Serge Chaumette is a Professor of Computer Science at the Université de Bordeaux, France, and leader of the Muse (Mobility, Ubiquity, Security) research group at Bordeaux Computer Science Research Laboratory (LaBRI).
Jae H. Kim, Boeing Research and Technology
Jae H. Kim is an Executive and Senior Technical Fellow of Boeing Research and Technology, and an Affiliate Professor at the University of Washington, Seattle.
James P. G. Sterbenz, University of Kansas
James P. G. Sterbenz is a Professor of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science and Director of the Networking Systems Laboratory in the Information and Telecommunication Technology Center at the University of Kansas.
1. Introduction to UAV systems Jean-Marc Moschetta and Kamesh Namuduri
2. Air-to-ground and air-to-air data link communication Bertold Van den Bergh and Sofie Pollin
3. Aerial wi-fi networks Evsen Yanmaz and Samira Hayat
4. Disruption-tolerant airborne networks and protocols James P. G. Sterbenz, Justin P. Rohrer, Mohammed J. F. Alenazi, Truc Anh N. Nguyen, Egemen K. Çetinkaya, Hemanth Narra, Kamakshi S. Pathapati and Keven Peters
5. Emulations and field demonstrations Jae H. Kim, Natasha Neogi, Claudiu Danilov and Andres Ortiz
6. Integrating UAS with NAS: regulatory, technical, and research challenges Natasha Neogi and Arunabha Sen
7. Safety, security, and privacy aspects in UAV networks Kamesh Namuduri and Damien Sauveron
8. Collaboration between autonomous drones and swarming Serge Chaumette
9. Real-world applications Leanne Hanson and Kamesh Namuduri.