Practical Wastewater Treatment
Russell, David L.
- 出版商: Wiley
- 出版日期: 2019-04-30
- 售價: $3,710
- 貴賓價: 9.5 折 $3,525
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 480
- 裝訂: Hardcover - also called cloth, retail trade, or trade
- ISBN: 1119100852
- ISBN-13: 9781119100850
The updated and expanded guide for handling industrial wastes and designing a wastewater treatment plant
The revised and updated second edition of Practical Wastewater Treatment provides a hands-on guide to industrial wastewater treatment theory, practices, and issues. It offers information for the effective design of water and wastewater treatment facilities and contains material on how to handle the wide-variety of industrial wastes. The book is based on a course developed and taught by the author for the American Institute of Chemical Engineers.
The author reviews the most current industrial practices and goals, describes how the water industry works, and covers the most important aspects of the industry. In addition, the book explores a wide-range of approaches for managing industrial wastes such as oil, blood, protein and more. A comprehensive resource, the text covers such basic issues as water pollution, wastewater treatment techniques, sampling and measurement, and explores the key topic of biological modeling for designing wastewater treatment plants. This important book:
- Offers an updated and expanded text for dealing with real-world wastewater problems
- Contains new chapters on: Reverse Osmosis and desalination; Skin and Membrane Filtration; and Cooling tower water treatment
- Presents a guide filled with helpful examples and diagrams that is ideal for both professionals and students
- Includes information for handling industrial wastes and designing water and wastewater treatment plants
Written for civil or chemical engineers and students, Practical Wastewater Treatment offers the information and techniques needed to solve problems of wastewater treatment.
DAVID L. RUSSELL, PE, is an environmental engineer with a background in consulting in the chemical Industry. He has over 50 years of experience including 9 years in the chemical industry for Hooker, IMC Chemical and Allied Chemicals. He was an instructor through the American Institute of Chemical Engineers where he taught courses in Practical Wastewater Treatment and Hazardous Materials and Hazardous Wastes. He also taught many courses in the Middle East.