Pollutant Fate and Transport in Environmental Multimedia
Dunnivant, Frank M., Anders, Elliot
- 出版商: Wiley
- 出版日期: 2019-05-07
- 售價: $4,370
- 貴賓價: 9.5 折 $4,152
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 416
- 裝訂: Hardcover - also called cloth, retail trade, or trade
- ISBN: 1119414628
- ISBN-13: 9781119414629
Bridges the gaps between regulatory, engineering, and science disciplines in order to comprehensively cover pollutant fate and transport in environmental multimedia
This book presents and integrates all aspects of fate and transport: chemistry, modeling, various forms of assessment, and the environmental legal framework. It approaches each of these topics initially from a conceptual perspective before explaining the concepts in terms of the math necessary to model the problem so that students of all levels can learn and eventually contribute to the advancement of water quality science.
The first third of Pollutant Fate and Transport in Environmental Multimedia is dedicated to the relevant aspects of chemistry behind the fate and transport processes. It provides relatively simple examples and problems to teach these principles. The second third of the book is based on the conceptual derivation and the use of common models to evaluate the importance of model parameters and sensitivity analysis; complex equation derivations are given in appendices. Computer exercises and available simulators teach and enforce the concepts and logic behind fate and transport modeling. The last third of the book is focused on various aspects of assessment (toxicology, risk, benefit-cost, and life cycle) and environmental legislation in the US, Europe, and China. The book closes with a set of laboratory exercises that illustrate chemical and fate and transport concepts covered in the text, with example results for most experiments.
- Features more introductory material on past environmental disasters and the continued need to study environmental chemistry and engineering
- Covers chemical toxicology with various forms of assessment, United States, European, and Chinese regulations, and advanced fate and transport modeling and regulatory implications
- Provides a conceptual and relatively simple mathematical approach to fate and transport modeling, yet complex derivations of most equations are given in appendices
- Integrates the use of numerous software packages (pC-pH, EnviroLab Simulators, Water, Wastewater, and Global Issues), and Fate(c)2016
- Contains numerous easy-to-understand examples and problems along with answers for most end-of-the-chapter problems, and simulators for answers to fate and transport questions
- Includes numerous companion laboratory experiments with EnviroLab
Requiring just a basic knowledge of algebra and first-year college chemistry to start, Pollutant Fate and Transport in Environmental Multimedia is an excellent textbook for upper-level undergraduate and graduate faculty and students studying environmental engineering and science.
FRANK M. DUNNIVANT, PHD, is currently a professor in the Department of Chemistry, Whitman College. He has worked for several labs including the Oak Ridge National Laboratory, the Idaho National Engineering Laboratory, and the Swiss Federal Institute for Water and Waste Water Pollution (EAWAG). He has extensive experience with practical applications, research, and writing on environmental engineering and analytical science topics.
ELLIOT ANDERS holds a degree in Environmental Chemistry, works as a software engineer with a commitment to social justice and improving the environment, and is a cofounder of Educational Solutions, LLC.