Biosurfactants for a Sustainable Future: Production and Applications in the Environment and Biomedicine
Sarma, Hemen, Prasad, Majeti Narasimha Vara
- 出版商: Wiley
- 出版日期: 2021-04-19
- 售價: $6,220
- 貴賓價: 9.5 折 $5,909
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 544
- 裝訂: Hardcover - also called cloth, retail trade, or trade
- ISBN: 1119671000
- ISBN-13: 9781119671008
Explore the state-of-the-art in biosurfactant technology and its applications in environmental remediation, biomedicine, and biotechnology
Biosurfactants for a Sustainable Future explores recent developments in biosurfactants and their use in a variety of cutting-edge applications. The book opens a window on the rapid development of microbiology by explaining how microbes and their products are used in advanced medical technology and in the sustainable remediation of emerging environmental contaminants.
The book emphasizes the different techniques that are used for the production of biosurfactants from microorganisms and their characterization. Various aspects of biosurfactants, including structural characteristics, developments, production, bio-economics and their sustainable use in the environment and biomedicine, are addressed, and the book also presents metagenomic strategies to facilitate the discovery of novel biosurfactants producing microorganisms. Readers will benefit from the inclusion of:
- A thorough introduction to the state-of-the-art in biosurfactant technology, techniques, and applications
- An exploration of biosurfactant enhanced remediation of sediments contaminated with organics and inorganics
- A discussion of perspectives for biomedical and biotechnological applications of biosurfactants
- A review of the antiviral, antimicrobial, and antibiofilm potential of biosurfactants against multi-drug-resistant pathogens.
- An examination of biosurfactant-inspired control of methicillin-resistant staphylococcus aureus
Perfect for academic researchers and scientists working in the petrochemical industry, pharmaceutical industry, and in the agroindustry, Biosurfactants for a Sustainable Future will also earn a place in the libraries of scientists working in environmental biotechnology, environmental science, and biomedical engineering.
Hemen Sarma, is Assistant Professor at Nanda Nath Saikia College. His research focus is on plant- microbiome interactions, biosurfactants, persistent organic and inorganic pollutants, sustainable remediation, molecular breeding, CRISPR/cas9 gene editing and nanobiotechnology.
Majeti Narasimha Vara Prasad is Emeritus Professor in the School of Life Sciences at the University of Hyderabad in India. He has published over 216 papers in scholarly journals and edited 34 books. He received his doctorate in Botany from Lucknow University in 1979. Based on an independent study by Stanford University scientists in 2020, he figured in the top 2% of scientists from India, ranked number 1 in Environmental Sciences (116 in world).