Discover the latest developments in fiber-optic communications with the newest edition of this leading textbook In the newly revised fifth edition of Fiber-Optic Communication Systems, accomplished researcher and author, Dr. Govind P. Agrawal, delivers brand-new updates and developments in the science of fiber optics communications. The book contains substantial additions covering the topics of coherence detection, space division multiplexing, and more advanced subjects. You'll learn about topics like fiber's losses, dispersion, and nonlinearities, as well as coherent lightwave systems. The latter subject has undergone major changes due to the extensive development of digital coherent systems over the last decade. Space-division multiplexing is covered as well, including multimode and multicore fibers developed in just the last ten years. Finally, the book concludes with a chapter on brand-new developments in the field that are still at the development stage and likely to become highly relevant for practitioners and researchers in the coming years. Readers will also benefit from the inclusion of:
- A thorough introduction to the fundamentals of fiber-optic communication systems
- An exploration of the management of fiber-optic communication losses, dispersion, and nonlinearities
- A practical discussion of coherent lightwave systems, including coherent transmitters and receivers, as well as noise and bit-error rate, sensitivity degradation mechanisms, and the impact of nonlinear effects
- A concise treatment of space-division multiplexing, including multicore and multimode fibers, multicore lightwave systems, and multimode lightwave systems
- Analyses of advanced topics, including pulse shaping for higher spectral efficiency, Kramers-Kronig receivers, nonlinear Fourier transform, wavelength conversion, and optical regeneration
Perfect for graduate students, professors, scientists, and professional engineers working or studying in the area of telecommunications technology, Fiber-Optic Communication Systems is an essential update to the leading reference in the area of fiber-optic communications.
在這本領先教材的最新版本中，探索光纖通訊的最新發展。在重新修訂的第五版《光纖通訊系統》中，經驗豐富的研究者和作者Govind P. Agrawal博士提供了光纖光學通訊科學的全新更新和發展。該書新增了大量內容，包括相干檢測、空間分割多路復用和更高級的主題。您將學習到有關光纖損耗、色散和非線性以及相干光波系統的知識。由於數字相干系統在過去十年中得到了廣泛發展，後者的主題也經歷了重大變化。書中還介紹了空間分割多路復用，包括在過去十年中開發的多模和多核光纖。最後，該書以一章介紹了該領域尚處於開發階段且可能在未來幾年對從業人員和研究人員非常重要的全新發展。讀者還將從以下內容中受益：
Govind P. Agrawal, PhD, is James C. Wyant Professor at the Institute of Optics at the University of Rochester. He is a Fellow of the Optical Society of America and the IEEE. He is also a Senior Scientist at the Laboratory for Laser Energetics and has authored or co-authored over 400 research papers, book chapters, and monographs.
Govind P. Agrawal, PhD 是羅徹斯特大學光學研究所的詹姆斯·C·懷亞特教授。他是美國光學學會和IEEE的會士。他還是激光能量實驗室的高級科學家，並且撰寫或合著了超過400篇研究論文、專書章節和專著。