Finding a job in Cybersecurity can be challenging. Being successful in the profession takes work. Leading a security team is something else again.
Navigating The Cybersecurity Career Path helps anyone wanting a successful cybersecurity career, whether they are just starting out or have been in the industry for some time.
Following Navigating the Cybersecurity Career Path will provide the reader:
- an understanding of why working in security is unique, and how to use this knowledge to be successful
- a progression of answers to questions from entering and working in the cybersecurity profession to leading security teams and programs
- a unique view based on the personal experiences of a non-traditional cybersecurity leader with an extensive security background
- guidance on applying the questions and answers to their own situation, and where to look for help
- advice for every stage of the cybersecurity career arc from entry level to leadership
HELEN E. PATTON has held several senior technical leadership positions in cybersecurity, including Advisory Chief Information Security Officer at Cisco, AVP and Chief Information Security Officer at the Ohio State University and Executive Director of IT Risk and Resiliency at JP Morgan Chase.