Handbook of Laser Technology and Applications: Laser Design and Laser Systems (Volume Two)
Guo, Chunlei, Singh, Subhash Chandra
- 出版商: CRC
- 出版日期: 2021-06-24
- 售價: $8,050
- 貴賓價: 9.5 折 $7,648
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 702
- 裝訂: Hardcover - also called cloth, retail trade, or trade
- ISBN: 113803262X
- ISBN-13: 9781138032620
This comprehensive handbook gives a fully updated guide to lasers and laser technologies, including the complete range of their technical applications. This second volume gives exhaustive coverage of all major categories of lasers, from solid-state and semiconductor diode to fiber, waveguide, gas, chemical, and dye lasers.
- Offers a complete update of the original, bestselling work, including many brand-new chapters.
- Deepens the introduction to fundamentals, from laser design and fabrication to host matrices for solid-state lasers, energy level diagrams, hosting materials, dopant energy levels, and lasers based on nonlinear effects.
- Covers new laser types, including quantum cascade lasers, silicon-based lasers, titanium sapphire lasers, terahertz lasers, bismuth-doped fiber lasers, and diode-pumped alkali lasers.
- Discusses the latest applications, e.g., lasers in microscopy, high-speed imaging, attosecond metrology, 3D printing, optical atomic clocks, time-resolved spectroscopy, polarization and profile measurements, pulse measurements, and laser-induced fluorescence detection.
- Adds new sections on laser materials processing, laser spectroscopy, lasers in imaging, lasers in environmental sciences, and lasers in communications.
This handbook is the ideal companion for scientists, engineers, and students working with lasers, including those in optics, electrical engineering, physics, chemistry, biomedicine, and other relevant areas.
Chunlei Guo is a Professor in The Institute of Optics and Physics at the University of Rochester. Before joining the Rochester faculty in 2001, he earned a PhD in Physics from the University of Connecticut and did his postdoctoral training at Los Alamos National Laboratory. His research is in studying femtosecond laser interactions with matter, spanning from atoms and molecules to solid materials. His research at University of Rochester has led to the discoveries of a range of highly functionalized materials through femtosecond laser processing, including the so-called black and colored metals and superhydrophillic and superhydrophobic surfaces. These innovations may find a broad range of applications, and have also been extensively featured by the media, including multiple New York Times articles. Lately, he devoted a significant amount of efforts to developing technologies for global sanitation by working with the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation. Through this mission, he visited Africa multiple times to understand humanitarian issues. To further expand global collaboration under the Gates project, he helped establish an international laboratory at Changchun Institute of Optics, Fine Mechanics, and Physics in China. He is a Fellow of the American Physical Society, Optical Society of America, and International Academy of Photonics & Laser Engineering. He has authored about 300 referred journal articles.
Subhash C. Singh is a scientist at the Institute of Optics, University of Rochester and an Associate Professor at Changchun Institute of Optics, Fine Mechanics, and Physics. Dr. Singh earned a Ph.D. in Physics from University of Allahabad, India in 2009. Prior to working with the Guo Lab, he was IRCSETEMPOWER Postdoctoral Research Fellow at Dublin City University, Ireland for 2 years and a DST-SERB Young Scientist at University of Allahabad for 3 years. He has more than 10 years of research experience in the fields of laser-matter interaction, plasma, nanomaterial processing, spectroscopy, energy applications, plasmonics, and photonics. He has published more than 100 research articles in reputable refereed journals and conference proceedings. His past editor experience includes serving as the main editor for Wiley-VCH book Nanomaterials; Processing and Characterization with Lasers and guest editor for special issues of a number of journals.