Case Studies in Secure Computing (paper)
Biju Issac, Nauman Israr
- 出版商: Auerbach Publication
- 出版日期: 2016-10-19
- 售價: $2,610
- 貴賓價: 9.5 折 $2,480
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 500
- 裝訂: Paperback
- ISBN: 1138034134
- ISBN-13: 9781138034136
In today’s age of wireless and mobile computing, network and computer security is paramount. Case Studies in Secure Computing: Achievements and Trends gathers the latest research from researchers who share their insights and best practices through illustrative case studies.
This book examines the growing security attacks and countermeasures in the stand-alone and networking worlds, along with other pertinent security issues. The many case studies capture a truly wide range of secure computing applications. Surveying the common elements in computer security attacks and defenses, the book:
- Describes the use of feature selection and fuzzy logic in a decision tree model for intrusion detection
- Introduces a set of common fuzzy-logic-based security risk estimation techniques with examples
- Proposes a secure authenticated multiple-key establishment protocol for wireless sensor networks
- Investigates various malicious activities associated with cloud computing and proposes some countermeasures
- Examines current and emerging security threats in long-term evolution backhaul and core networks
- Supplies a brief introduction to application-layer denial-of-service (DoS) attacks
Illustrating the security challenges currently facing practitioners, this book presents powerful security solutions proposed by leading researchers in the field. The examination of the various case studies will help to develop the practical understanding required to stay one step ahead of the security threats on the horizon.
This book will help those new to the field understand how to mitigate security threats. It will also help established practitioners fine-tune their approach to establishing robust and resilient security for next-generation computing systems.