Treatment Marshes for Runoff and Polishing
Kadlec, Robert H.
- 出版商: CRC
- 出版日期: 2019-07-18
- 售價: $6,100
- 貴賓價: 9.5 折 $5,795
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 1024
- 裝訂: Hardcover - also called cloth, retail trade, or trade
- ISBN: 1138322628
- ISBN-13: 9781138322622
Treatment Marshes for Runoff and Polishing represents the most comprehensive and up-date-date resource for the design, construction, and operation of marsh treatment systems.
This new edition represents a complete rewrite of the surface flow sections of previous editions of Treatment Wetlands. It is based on the performance hundreds of treatment marshes over the past 40 years. Treatment Marshes focuses on urban and agricultural runoff, river and lake water improvement, and highly treated municipal effluents.
New information from the past dozen years is used to improve data interpretation and design concepts. Topics included in this book are
- Diversity of marsh vegetation
- Analyses of the human use of treatment marshes
- New concepts of underground processes and functions
- Spectrum of marsh values spanning mitigation, restoration, enhancement, and water quality improvement
- Improved methods for calculation of evapotranspiration and wetland water temperatures
- Hydraulics of surface and subsurface flows in marshes
- Analysis of long track records for deterministic and probabilistic behavior
- Consideration of integrated microbial and vegetative contaminant removals via mass balances
- Uptake and emission of gases
- Performance of urban and agricultural wetlands
- Design procedures for urban and agricultural wetlands
- Reduction of trace metals, pesticides, pharmaceuticals, endocrine disruptors, and trace organics
- Updated capital and O&M economics, and valuation of ancillary benefits
- An updated list of over 1900 references
Dr. Robert H. Kadlec earned BS, MS, and PhD degrees in Chemical Engineering from the Universities of Wisconsin and Michigan. Bob has worked on treatment wetlands in many states and several other countries. He has participated in the design of over 100 treatment wetlands. He is past chairman of the International Water Association (IWA) Specialist Group on the Use of Macrophytes in Water Pollution Control. Dr. Kadlec has authored or coauthored over 150 publications on treatment wetlands, in addition to dozens of project reports. He was a proposer and developer of the U.S. EPA North American Treatment Wetland Database.