Linux Administration: A Beginner's Guide, Eighth Edition
立即出貨 (庫存 < 4)
Publisher's Note: Products purchased from Third Party sellers are not guaranteed by the publisher for quality, authenticity, or access to any online entitlements included with the product.
Gain Essential Linux Administration Skills Easily
Effectively set up and manage popular Linux distributions on individual servers and build entire network infrastructures using this practical resource. Fully updated to cover the latest tools and techniques, Linux Administration: A Beginner's Guide, Eighth Edition features clear explanations, step-by-step instructions, and real-world examples. Find out how to configure hardware and software, work from the command line or GUI, maintain Internet and network services, and secure your data. Performance tuning, virtualization, containers, software management, security, and backup solutions are covered in detail.
- Install and configure Linux, including the latest distributions from Fedora, Ubuntu, CentOS, openSUSE, Debian, and RHEL.
- Set up and administer core system services, daemons, users, and groups.
- Manage software applications from source code or binary packages.
- Customize, build, or patch the Linux kernel.
- Understand and manage the Linux network stack and networking protocols, including TCP/IP, ARP, IPv4, and IPv6.
- Minimize security threats and build reliable firewalls and routers with Netfilter (iptables and nftables) and Linux.
- Create and maintain DNS, FTP, web, e-mail, print, LDAP, VoIP, and SSH servers and services.
- Share resources using GlusterFS, NFS, and Samba.
- Spin-up and manage Linux-based servers in popular cloud environments, such as OpenStack, AWS, Azure, Linode, and GCE.
- Explore virtualization and container technologies using KVM, Docker, Kubernetes, and Open Container Initiative (OCI) tooling.
- Download specially curated Virtual Machine image and containers that replicate various exercises, software, servers, commands, and concepts covered in the book.
Wale Soyinka is a father, system administrator, a DevOps/SecOps aficionado, an open source evangelist, a hacker, and a well-respected world-renowned chef (in his mind). He is the author of Advanced Linux Administration as well as other Linux, Network, and Windows administration training materials.