- 出版商: Wiley-Blackwell
- 出版日期: 2019-04-29
- 售價: $910
- 貴賓價: 9.5 折 $865
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 240
- 裝訂: Quality Paper - also called trade paper
- ISBN: 1405149175
- ISBN-13: 9781405149174
Presents a concise and comprehensive analysis of George Berkeley's thought and the impact of his intellectual contributions to philosophy
In this latest addition to the Blackwell Great Minds series, noted scholar of early modern philosophy Margaret Atherton examines Berkeley's most influential work and demonstrates the significant conceptual impact of his ideas in metaphysics and the philosophy of religion.
- A concise and rigorous primer on Berkeley's essential writings and contributions to modern philosophy
- Written by a leading scholar of early modern philosophy
- Offers insight into the foundations of modern metaphysical and religious philosophy
- Equips readers to find firm footing in Berkeley's wider body of published work in the canon of Western philosophy
Margaret Atherton, PhD, is Distinguished Professor of Philosophy at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, where she has been teaching since 1980. She has published numerous articles in the history of early modern philosophy, and has special interests in the works of John Locke and George Berkeley, as well as in the philosophy of perception and the recovery of women philosophers.