Practical Dojo Projects (Paperback)
- 出版商: Apress
- 出版日期: 2008-10-01
- 售價: $1,450
- 貴賓價: 9.5 折 $1,378
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 500
- 裝訂: Paperback
- ISBN: 1430210664
- ISBN-13: 9781430210665
In Practical Dojo Projects, you’ll learn all about what Dojo has to offer. You’ll see it in action in the form of five fully functional applications, which include
- A contact manager for storing info for all the important people in your life
- A code cabinet: a place to store, index, and get code snippets from
- A stock tracker to keep track of your stock portfolio
- A message forum for open discussions on topics you define
- Even a fun little game!
By the time you’ve finished reading, you’ll have a firm grasp on what Dojo is all about, and you’ll have the preparation you need to begin to use it yourself in your own projects. See you inside!
What you’ll learn
- Uncover the fundamentals of Dojo, its core, Dojo Widgets, and DojoX.
- Create a code cabinet, a place to store snippets of code for later reuse using Dojo and Dojo Offline (based on Google Gears).
- See how to build an interactive and fun came application using Dojo.
- Build a stock watcher application, which allows you to enter ticker symbols and will show you real–time updates using some available web service; show net gain/loss over various time periods (hourly/daily/weekly/monthly/yearly) with various charts and graphs.
- Take Dojo into social networking by building a messaging forums application.
Who is this book for
Web application developers, senior projects leads, and application architects
About the Apress Practical Series
The Practical series from Apress is your best choice for getting the job done, period. From professional to expert, this series lets you apply project–motivated templates (or frameworks) step by step in a very direct, practical, and efficient manner toward current real–world projects that may be sitting on your desk. So whatever your career goal, Apress can be your trusted guide to take you where you want to go on your IT career empowerment path.